• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 harrisp9

harrisp9

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

Hi guys, today I started a project for a Starcraft 2 fansite. I have the header finish, but I need your thoughts on the Nav and Body.

Link to screenshot.

I feel the black to white gradient might be too much of a sharp contrast? Please help!!

#2 samisad0rk

samisad0rk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

Im SOOOOOOO excited for starcraft 2!!!!!! I would stick with the starcraftish colors, like that ghastly green text. You know the sc kids will love it the more it looks like the game :D It looks wonderful so far!(yay zeratul!) I would say stay with darker colors in the body, because most likely people checking out the site will be in gamer mode, and bright white hurts my little eyes when im in game mode. Maybe like a metal plate-ish background? Id make the nav have a very digital readout type feel. Your doing great so far, and im sure you will with the rest! Id love to keep updated on the project!

Good work!

#3 Cmd+X

Cmd+X

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

that looks great! i completely agree with the black to white. its almost taking away from the shine on the logo and the green! i love the smokish/light coming in the back.
also, the guy hanging down looks cool. like he's interacting with me. i would go for darker body and the buttons...i would make them smaller they are competing with your header...or it could be the white type. it might be nice to have hints of that blue or green around (in the bar -home strategy & tips area). nice start.

#4 harrisp9

harrisp9

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:57 AM

Okay here's an update,

link to the site http://www.starcraft...ndex.php?blog=1

It's up and running, but not much yet =/

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

#5 Create This

Create This

• Guests
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

Paul, Nice Job! The only thing i think should be changed is the levels on the navigation. I would make all the navigation on one line, same style buttons with the glow. This will create a sense of unity within the page! which is very important! the glow of the buttons is just like the glow in the numeral 2, and it would be great if you could find somewhere to use that green as well (maybe the links and the small elements?). Great Work!

PS. Im not into starcraft (more of a guild wars guy) so what do i know LOL
Check Out My Portfolio @ www.avisualidentity.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users