• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

Dear programmers,

Please take a look at these issues, are quite important for a better functionality:

- After I join a contest I can't press follow button and I don't receive notification when a client updates his brief. It would be great to know that, especially when we already start working for those projects.

- When I reply to a client during a contest, my comment appears 4 times in the same place. After few days of work in the end it's hard to find something there. It would be great to fix that.

- An old request: please, pretty please implement a way to see client feedback for other designers (number of comments or something). It might not be useful for logo contest, but for websites, mobile app, desktop software, contests that require more documentation and days of work it's really important to know if the client works with someone. Related to this please reconsider our request to make these kind of contests (websites, mobile app, desktop software) blind by default. It's not fair for a designer to invest time in a contest, after he spent hours, maybe days to read, understand the documentation and to come up with a good structure and then other designer to use that and in a minute to submit a slightly different design, using the same structure. Most of the designers don't join open contests and I don't think this is a good thing for this platform.

- Withdrawn entries (super old request)

I have other issues also, but I think these are enough for one day. If you need a tester, I'm the right person to do it. :)
Thank you for your time!

• Babba, iNoesis, lalelemu and 2 others like this

#2 iNoesis

iNoesis

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

I agree 100% with ramsro, especially making default blind contest

//Related to this please reconsider our request to make these kind of contests (websites, mobile app, desktop software) blind by default.//

really its very frustrated to work on the open contests, :(

Thanks,

• ramsro and lalelemu like this

#3 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

You can withdraw your entry.

Blind contest has it's own pros and cons, both for designers and clients.

Cheaters do cheat even more in blind contests. At the end it is up to the client to choose the option, however they feel suits better at the certain moment. 

The good thing that designer can choose if he/she wants to enter the blind or open contest. If designer has a unique and solid concept of design, than he/she can be sure no one can copy it. 

• lalelemu likes this

#4 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

Hi Babba, thank you for the answer.

The problem with the withdrawn designs is other and I spoke about it a long time ago in Chat with the mods (12 May 2015 - post called "little bugs" and none of those bugs are solved).

And the blind contest, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that what you said it's valid only for logo contests, when if you are good you can submit an entry in an hour after you read the brief. For website design it's much more work involved and it's not always necessary to have a wow design, but to have all the elements that a client might need. Why to think for other who might have a better design but using my ideas for content, structure etc? We must be able to use all our forces to win a contest.

Thank you!

• Babba and lalelemu like this

#5 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

Ramsro, you have a good point over the web contest!

I do not have experience participating in those, so I never thought of it, to be fairly honest.

Regarding the withdrawing, I see other designers can withdraw designs during the contest. So I am not sure what to tell you. 

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:58 PM

HI there

what is the problem with withdrawn  entries?

• lalelemu likes this

Like us on facebook

#7 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:12 AM

Thank you Babba!!!

Maybe things will change if you understood our point of view. :)

Withdrawn entries - I just wrote you on Chat with the mods also, I suppose you can see those posts.

• lalelemu likes this

#8 wbeehive

wbeehive

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:07 AM

Hi all,

I really support this point of making certain type of contest blind by default. If not possible then atleast provide the option for making a contest blind for free.

Thanks!

#9 CreativeVibe

CreativeVibe

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

i agree ramsro. actually design contest should make default contest as blind and if client want a open contest then its should payable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users