REFUNDS and logos still being listed as Designcontest.com

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 NightOwl

NightOwl

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

OK, I see there are many refunds on the site.  I will assume that, like many other sites, some CH's never intended to pay for a logo and was only fishing for ideas.  My question is how do we withdraw our logos.  A Google search still shows the logos.  This is worse than having the CH waste everyone's time, because now our work is shown on a much larger scale for anyone to copy.  Since the work is solely that of the artist, is there a way to not have it available for anyone to rip-it off?  In fact the logos are not even accredited to the designers.  I understand that LogoArena and Logotournament now implements this automatically so that google will not index the page, how do we do it here???

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, Google the name of a refunded contest and search images.  You will find the logos there but with NO mention of the designer, only label is Designcrowd.com.  We can no longer see the contest page, but the CH can still see and the logos...as well as anyone else.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

HI there

Our refund rate is about 1.3%  That is low compared to most other sites. Clients request refunds for various reasons and it is not unique to design contest.com

I just checked about  20 contests that have been refunded  The only entries I found from refunded contests  were the  3 contests I refunded last night at about 10 pm pacific standard time.  I did not find any old refunded contest entries

Can you please show me a screen shot or list the contest title of entries showing that have been refunded?

Thank you

Like us on facebook

#3 weiesnbach

weiesnbach

• Designer
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Here's a screenshot:

ss.jpg?dl=0

(https://www.dropbox....tnb/ss.jpg?dl=0)

...but note that once Google re-indexes the site, the images will likely be gone.  As far as withdrawing your images, I don't know.  I thought they would still  be listed under "My Designs" but they  aren't  as far as I can see.

It doesn't really matter in my case,  because I generally scrap off all of the logo  elements and put the pieces on Shutterstock,  where I earn a whole $0.25 per download,  but in all  honesty that can add up pretty quickly.  I average about $20  a month in downloads,  and it's a good way  to  recycle non-winning material. Which  reminds me,  I've got some scrapping to  do :cool:    

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

yeah that was one from late last night I refunded, I refunded  3 contests abut 10 pm  so it will take a bit for google to crawl  again

removing entries for refunded contests,  the contest should be removed completely from your profile page and show no entries there,  do you see entries on your profile page from refunded contests?

Like us on facebook

#5 weiesnbach

weiesnbach

• Designer
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

No  they're not on the profile page,  but I can get to  them  through  Google for a bit before they  re-index.  It's kind of a backward way  to  do it though.  You have to  do  an image search  and then  go  to  view image,  not view page,  because the page is gone,  but the image can still  be pulled up. I'm not sweating it in the least.  It's a matter of  a few days till  they disappear from  Google, and if the CH was simply farming ideas,  they  would have downloaded all of the images they liked beforehand. 

-J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users