&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hello,

My name is Chung Dha Lam. I just finished first year Packaging and Design student in Holland/ The Netherlands. I am 22 year right now and I like to join these contest to explore my level of design.

I have been jumping various collages till now. I began to after high school to study at police academy, but during the free time for training I used it to make site and skins for games. Then I change school to an art school but there were too much drawing so it bored me and change to Industrial Design. That was very exciting, however the school was a fake and would have gave met a metal constructor diploma if I finished it. Now I am studying Packaging and Design.

I also during the art school I was freelancing for a company. And learned a great deal for designing house styles and logo for companies.

My most common aspect in the design are there clean, simple but effective.

I got a own logo for myself CD. Simple and Clean. Its a C with the inside of the D in it, but also a head of a key and a smiley.

I hope I can join the Design group and try to keep the design level high.

http://chungdhalam.blogspot.com
Here is my blog where you can see some of the works I made in the first year of packaging and design. I hope its inof to you show what I am capable off. If not I still got allot of work that not on my blog yet.

#2 x4lov

x4lov

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hi, welcome to dc. I reaaly like your adidas shoe concept great job.

Regards
www.inbrand.net

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

thnx, next shoe i have to design for a contest is for beckham and also adidas again. Just forgot my expert photoshop skills while i did the adidas shoe ,lol. I can easily compile pictures from various shoes and textures to become a new shoe and look almost real. Just forgot somehow, just use sketch and color it in a other layer and later removed the sketch.

• Guests

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

wow, what a biography! You have been quite an active member of the forums and with your skills I don't think I will be a problem to be accepted to the team. Did you send in your application yet?

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

yes i did same time when i registered, bit too early i think and no sure if it is received.

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

yep, it was a bit too early. Now when you've read the rules, I believe you can send it again!

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

I've just resend the application, hope it wouldn't take too long to join. Should i get an email like you sended application or something? Cause I don't know now how it would be handled. Should there also be a poll for my application?

Cause the application to join the Design team is bit of a mystery.

#8 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

Did you recieved the application for the Design team?

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

It is _redrum who is in charge of DT applications. You should hear from him soon.

#10 RoT

RoT

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

Chung Dha I think the process is little slow, I sent my application even earlier than you did, and I'm still waiting for the answer :)
The best design decisions are simple, because they don't contain elements that are not necessary... and contain the necessary elements in a way that looks logical...

#11 bunker

bunker

Banned

• Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Yes the process can be slow for every one, but Chung Dha is almost a moderator, jajajajajaja He answers all of the questions and gives tips when some of the new registered users make some mistakes.

Great work Chung Dha hope you become a design member soon, that can of people is what this community needs!

Also a great Designer too!

#12 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Thnx bunker, been around several games forums for ages and been a custom to helping beginning members on those forums too. I hope it happen soon too.

• Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

Yes, Chung Dha is excellent at helping new members!!!

#14 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

Thnx resurepus.

#15 bogglins

bogglins

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:52 AM

yes.. indeed.. chung dha is really helpful.. :) i thought he was a moderator.. hehe

• Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

yes.. indeed.. chung dha is really helpful.. :) i thought he was a moderator.. hehe

he almost is :)

#17 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Oooh:eek:....:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users