• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Beaude

Beaude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hello.. Im a member for a couple of months now, but i want to start creating stuff for contests etc. Is it reallly necessary to have an online portfolio? I'm working on it, but its difficult to find places were i can upload my portfolio...

Thanks!

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

With an online portfolio they can check what you have made or what level your skill is. An easy way to make a portfolio is to make a blog or there are also free spaces like freewebs.com to make anything you want.

#3 Beaude

Beaude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

What if i would send a pdf-file with work i created?

I have some created things on the site below. Is this enough work?

http://www.allcreati...r.php?id=171221

Maybe it might be easier to ask you something in dutch language

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

The pictures arent working and the extra side menu of the portfolio section is very annoying. Each time you press the portfolio and then a section an extra side menu is made and it ad it each time you do that.

The picture got error cause I can see the files in the directory but they got an eror. Maybe wrong save or error during upload. http://www.allcreati...m/files/171221/

#5 Beaude

Beaude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

The pictures arent working and the extra side menu of the portfolio section is very annoying. Each time you press the portfolio and then a section an extra side menu is made and it ad it each time you do that.

The picture got error cause I can see the files in the directory but they got an eror. Maybe wrong save or error during upload. http://www.allcreati...m/files/171221/

Maybe because i uploaded the files on a mac computer. Do you have any better suggestions to create my portfolio with? I know the portfolio section is annoying, but i only want to upload my work and show it. When i have to pay attention about the layout of the pages, it will take too many time...:p

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

As a good webmaster you need to test sites for imperfections how little they even are. For the clients these things are very important, cause this way you show a bit how you work. They can even cut the contract halfway because they don't trust your work, and search for an other designer.

Just have to show your work is in of I think. I use blogger to show my portfolio. Just a blog with each work I made and showed with little details about each work. Just the the link below.

#7 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

There are free portfolio sites, and paid ones......like the one your using, I was able to veiw your work, very, very nice.......maybe get so more in there (1 only saw 5 designs?)

Here are some other folio sites
http://www.impactfol...b_hosting_plan/
basically, all you'd have to do is upload, and viola...instant portfolio..
I belong to www.artwanted.com, its cheap, EASY, quick...and has served its purpose......
If you are showing your skills as a web-designer, you may need to get your site working/up

Good Luck:)

#8 Beaude

Beaude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

what about this...

I created it today, it's not finished.:p

www.beaudevormgeving.blogspot.com

#9 batmantheking

batmantheking

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

can i aplly my site if this is part of another community like filkr or something? or i necessary a personal portfolio site?

#10 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

batmantheking, it would be better if you could submit an actual portfolio site that is dedicated strictly to the purpose of displaying relevant design work. If you can find another way to do this (making sure that it's easy to identify you as the creator of the images) then there should not be a problem.

#11 batmantheking

batmantheking

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:46 PM

Ciao :), hello,
I am attending one your answer approximately l amia candidacy, I am thinking that

I do not have i just requirement for you :-(

or

my situated one portfolio is not good in order to exhibit mine washesrivers

or

I must only attend. aspect an answer, because I would want to participate to some conteast opened, I have already made some loghi and I would want to be put endured to the test.

you always excuse to me for my English not too much fluid: -) :eek:

i hoave opened a much fluid web blog portfolio

( i follow some council of this forum member!! )

http://www.freewebs.com/batmantheking

#12 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:09 PM

Everything is fine so far, no need to worry. I'll be looking at your application soon. I have lots of other work right now as well, so it will take more time than usual.

#13 batmantheking

batmantheking

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

tanks a lot.. and good work!

#14 Radaman

Radaman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

Hey Everybody, what if I have an portfolio but I don\t want to be an active member of the forum? IMHO Stuff is important :rolleyes:
I try to express myself in inapropriate manner and my signature was changed by the administrator :(

#15 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:37 PM

Its easy.... you can dump your "stuff" elsewhere...
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#16 Radaman

Radaman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

You r so F!@# nice)
I try to express myself in inapropriate manner and my signature was changed by the administrator :(

#17 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

How did you wanted me to put it unless on that way?

Why should we Design Team Members want a member like you, who doesn't want to be envolved, who have "stuff" in the portfolio?

I don't have stuff in my portfolio neither other DTMs. We have concepts, ideas, experiments, designs, in conclusion... we have work.

Thats is a different attitude and its the right one to be accepted as Design Team Member and be able to participate in the guaranteed paid contest, which is the only reason you wan to be in.
thanks

#18 Radaman

Radaman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

cheap sect words)

#19 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

Ok. Thanks for your input. I really appreciated.
thanks

#20 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:48 AM

cheap sect words)

Actually, they're based on experience. We've literally had to ban people with this attitude after having them on the DT because of other things they tend to "not want to do". Nothing sect-like about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users