• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Dalisca

Dalisca

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

Hey folks. I've got this new logo design, and I was wondering if I could get a little feedback. What do you think of this?

(just a bigger version of little thumbnail pic)

http://www.dalisca.c...estlogo-big.jpg

Thanks so much!!!

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

I think you need to tone the shadow a bit lighter. Cause the bottom end don't have a sharp edge cause of it. And the leftside of the red things, if they could blend into each other to make a straight line be better then the few humps. Also its to much things and too buzy, not really my taste actually.

And what is the idea you got around the logo actually? Cause not really sure what it all means and how you found this shape. Cause its pretty odd logo to me.

#3 bogglins

bogglins

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

indeed.. :) i don't know where u r going to with this logo..
too busy i think.. it's important that you can show the black and white version.. to see if it's flexible and good to go.. :0

#4 render

render

Guru

• Designer
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:42 AM

too busy i think

my thoughts were similar. work on it, i tend to make my logos more like drawings. kind of a mistake in logo design. too much detail can be bad in a logo. keep it simple.
- eric
Rest in peace Nevadabadgirl

#5 Xoxiety

Xoxiety

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

My first thought is that it will be hard to put on a t-shirt, or incorporate into any other background. A shadow is okay, but needs to fade to whitespace before the edge of the frame.

#6 brand7

brand7

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

What is it for?

I cant really give you any feedback because I am not sure what it is supposed to say. All it is, is a D with colors. Its very dark, is this for you?

#7 Queesy

Queesy

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:33 AM

I think when designing a logo the whole reflection thing is cool to make it stand out and all. But when you first create the logo it should be flat, then you can make it flashy later.

Also the bottom of the logo is extremely blury, and i dont mean the reflection i mean the bottom of the black.

#8 Daringo

Daringo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:57 PM

I agree with the others on the blurry bottom edge. And if this is the main corporate logo/identity, it is a little busy. But damn sexy! A motorcycle company could start with that design :)

#9 Evelyn Bonilla

Evelyn Bonilla

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

I think it's beautiful, but agree with others that it is too busy and it does not project right away what it is for.

#10 nira

nira

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:34 AM

what is the logo for?

#11 smith.lachandri

smith.lachandri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

I think if you lose the gradient it would help the bottom of the 'D' where it blurs. A simple drop shadow may be better than the whole gradient background. I agree with Daringo about a motorcyle company starting with it; it has a sexiness to it.

#12 LightBrush

LightBrush

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

I agree. i think it has a good potential, but would need some polishing. Namely, drop shadows and colour gradients don't work well at logos.They look great on a computer screen in the boardroom or in a powerpoint presentation, but will only cause reproduction problems in other media. Printed media such as brochures, advertisements, exhibition booths and outdoor signs may all have different variations of the same color gradients. Drop shadows do not work well at reduced sizes or in black and white, but if necessary use a vector-based sharp edged shadow to ensure clarity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users