• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 chocolatebacon

chocolatebacon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

how often are there community contests? doesn't seem like there are any happening right now...?

#22 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

I'm not sure...but if you're new here, first make sure your work is more "logo" or "vector" based. I have some great Photoshop work and it wasn't good enough for DesignContest.net. They denied me membership, and i have to wait 90 DAYS to re-apply! Craziness. All they had to do is let me know that my work was not specific enough to what they are looking for. I know it's not the quality, because my work is better than most I have seen on here. But anyway, seems kind of unfair that they couldn't just tell me to submit some more pieces specific to logo design or something, rather than just denying me for 90 days. Pretty lame. Now some administrator will ban me for talking negative of the site. It's happened before. So i guess that's another tip: don't question or criticize, you will never hear the end of it. On the other hand, i think this site would be great IF I COULD ACTUALLY BECOME A DAMN MEMBER! If they could be a bit more fair in the application process, and not deny people because their art is against the grain. It just seems that there are many people out there who want Photoshop work done....But anyway.

#23 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

First of all everyone think they are a designer when they only know how to use photoshop or paintshop pro. This happens allot while designing logo always made in a vector based program. And most don't even know the proper use to make them print ready, like using curves, levels and duotones. Al just make major PSD files an think that inof or save them as JPG and not even know what is the difference betweem RGB and CYMK.

And most out there think they are a designer while they have not even got the proper education. Where you learn the correct use of pantone colors, vector programs and more.
Also learn why logo's are made with pantone colors and why they need to be vectors.

You can either be bummed about not getting into the design team and go away or you can stick around and learn the correct stuff and later join again when you have the correct skills.

#24 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:58 AM

First of all everyone think they are a designer when they only know how to use photoshop or paintshop pro.

+1 Agree!

These softwares are just TOOLS.

#25 xxttaa

xxttaa

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

I have to write.....i want to be with team:)

#26 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

xxttaa, you won't make it to the team with posts like this.
The quality of the posts is more important than the quantity.

You should try and help people with your interventions in the threads.

Just an advice...

#27 xxttaa

xxttaa

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

xxttaa, you won't make it to the team with posts like this.
The quality of the posts is more important than the quantity.

You should try and help people with your interventions in the threads.

Just an advice...

hi,
I know, but I told, that my english not so good. I understand what I read, and breafes, but I can't write in english well. Therefore I can't help anybody there, I think I just can learn. And when I'll be the member, I can read some feedback what I think about entries. But I can't read for example about general information, cuz maybe the people can't understand what I want to tell...you know...therefore I just can read....and I won't make it to the team.
:)

#28 grphx

grphx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hi xxttaa, I agree that you say you can learn.

but why don't you try to learn English together with Design ....like me :)

just advice to... :)

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

the official language of DesignCotest is English and it is important that our members at least understand it well, your writing doesn't have to be perfect, as long as it's understandable.

And yes it is proved indeed that English can be learned :)

#30 xxttaa

xxttaa

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hi xxttaa, I agree that you say you can learn.

but why don't you try to learn English together with Design ....like me :)

just advice to... :)

I try...I try...belive it:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users