I need a rework on the HOMEPAGE on my news website.
The website is live and almost functional - but it has dummy data - is not launched yet officially.
We mainly want to change the DESIGN of the existing sections.
This means you can change the colours and dimensions of boxes.
But we cannot remove existing sections.
We can add new ones if you see necessarily.
You can suggest layout changes but not major. (we can increase the width up to 1200px)
My biggest issue is with the header.
So you can change that anyway you want to make it look better.
I kinda like the header of
You dont have to use the existing colours in website.
We are going to adapt the rest of the website to the hompage you make.
The feel of the hompage I would like to be boldier. The existing colours are nice but a bit too light for a news website maybe.
Not too loud tho - is going to be a quality news website.
Please add into the design the google ads.
So when doing this we need to take into consideration the existence of the google ads.
There will be some ads - not too many but is going to be a top one, some on the right, middle and bottom.
Also dont use the ads colours to improve the design pls - because those will be random so we cannot count on this.
The design needs to look better than it is now - with any ads colours.
Any questions - please ask.
No HTML required - we will implement it.
Only Photoshop and icons.
Ideally we will use Bootstrap but this is by no means a requirement.
We can increase width up to 1200 px if necessarily.
We dont need mobile and tablet versions!
Only full width desktop design!
For header we need a user logged and not logged version.
- when user is not logged we have a "Connect" link or button
- when user is logged we have - user icon, user first name so only one name not full name (the name is a link), notifications and messages (pretty much as FB)
So here are the exact sections that we need.
- pretty much you decide
- connect button, search, existing links from live, a calendar maybe (is not mandatory..)
- the logo we have is ok but if you want smth else is up to you
On the main page container we have
- Top news.
One larger (the main article) and the rest smaller.
how many - is not mandatory to have it like on our live version.
they need to be like some cards - image and some text beneath.
text length can vary - we show the entire title of the news here.
- 3 cards with the editor image, name of the editor, article date and article name.
- Top politics
- One row
- how many - 3 cards per row or even 4 if you want and can fit them.
- Top economics
- One row - same as top politics
- Top Articles
- 2 rows
- same card looks as top politics and top economics.
- Forum latest posts
The cards in lower sections can be different from the cards in the first section - top news
We need a way to mark some news as breaking news. (we have now some top yello but you can do other)
On the right hand side section we have some widgets
- Latest news
- News Categories
- top authors
Dont forget about the ads in both main container and right hand side container.
- icons for fb tw and instagram
- some links - must
- the news categories - optional
- Subscribe and Contact - must