Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How long do we have to wait for a CH to pick a winner?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm still wondering why 2 months after the Upscale Designer T-Shirt Contest
T-shirt Design for Upscale, designer T-Shirt to be used for restaurant uniform - DesignContest.com has closed, that there is still no winner.

I thought the rules were the CH had 4 weeks after the contest ended to choose a winner, or open the contest back up.

I understand that the CHs are paying for the contest, but the designers are the ones investing the time into creating designs for the contest. If the CH never picks a winner then oh well? How long do we have to wait? There needs to be time limit set on the contest.

This isn't the only contest like this. There are many.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

Yes there are some contests waiting......we try to wait as long as we can.....a couple of reasons. If the contest goes abandoned then prize money is split with the top rated entries/designers in that contest each designer to get 45 dollars prize money determines how many designers prize is split with. if there is one rated design then that desgner gets 45 dollars, the remaining amount goes to a sponsored contest we will host...like the starbucks contest we held. So the longer we wait the more of a chance a winner will be picked. We just had a ch that was away for over 4 weeks...came back and picked a winner, another ch was gone 5 weeks came back extended the contest and picked a winner.

I send reminders to the ch and call them as well. I think right now we have a couple of contests right at 4 weeks so within the next week if I get no reply the contests will be abandoned

Like us on facebook

#3 PiTRiS

PiTRiS

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

hi... exact same question - this http://www.designcon...any-re-branding contest ended like moths ago and nothing has happened ever since :(

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

PiTRiS

That contest was closed and refunded per contest holder request 2 months ago

Like us on facebook

#5 PiTRiS

PiTRiS

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

oh, thx... but where can someone see this kind of information? i only see "closed" which does not really say that much...

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Any designer can ask about any contest status and I will let you know what is up with the contest. You can post a question here in the forums or send in a feedback question or helpdesk ticket.

Like us on facebook

#7 PiTRiS

PiTRiS

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

that does not sound really convenient, but ok. short "one sentence" info at contest page would not do much harm i think :))

#8 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

what about this contest's statues?? :Logo Design for Put Americans Back to Work, need Logo for new Investment Project - DesignContest.com
it's been a month or more since it ended & no winner or extention yet!!!

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

I have sent a message to the contestholder. Will update this thread when I know what is going on with this contest

Like us on facebook

#10 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Been wondering what happened to this contest. Sorry being a pest but seems like I just joined a few dead contest :?S

Stormglass
Design the text to go with our company logo!

Thanks for all your support

#11 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Any chance we have a answer to the above contest?
Design the text to go with our company logo!
Thanks

#12 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hi Sharie!
What exactly happened with this contest? Vicky told me something but I was very clear the matter. Could you explain it? Thank you!

Ktv, lounge, pub, luxury with affordable price

#13 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I've been a part of one abandoned contest and apparently going to be apart of another one since it's been two months since the contest closed.
It isn't fun to wait for a result.

#14 polyesterdress

polyesterdress

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I wish there was an option to retract a design after a contest is abandoned, especially if it's been upwards of 4 weeks since the contest closed.

#15 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

The contest that I called abandoned because it closed 3 months ago finally chose a winner today! The last time I talked to Sharie she advised me that it would be better to wait till the CH and see if we get an word from them. I was at the top of the contest ratings but there were many great submissions that I thought were going to beat mine out but I won the contest and I'm happy we waited a little longer because now I get the full prize money instead of just $45. You can't even withdraw just $45 so I'm happy I waited.

#16 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

I hate that a contest has to be on deadline for so long. You designers all work so hard. When I know a contestholder has been called away for something, and can't get back to the contest we have to have some understanding. I mean when a life even happens a logo contest might be the low priority for some. If I know A contestholder is going to choose a winner I will hold off as long as I can from calling it abandoned. it is better in long run for you the designers. If I can't reach the contest holder and have sent many notices and phone calls I will call it abandoned.

We have had a contestholder with an illness so the contest waits, have had contestholder taken out of the country expectantly... there are several cases like this.

I know this isn't funny but you will not believe this one....had a contestholder send me notice that they wanted to choose a winner in a contest, I said great! Guess what it was a contest from june of 2011! What this ch now has to do is either open a new contest or start a one on one with the designer they wanted to choose as a winner.

The ch opened a 1on1 .

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users