• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 polyesterdress

polyesterdress

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hello,

I'm struggling to understand the rules of t-shirt design. In the main DC rules it states that everything is to be placed on a white background unless specified by the CH. I am working on an entry for a specific contest where all previous entries designs have been placed on t-shirts or live models. In understand why, but no specification was made by the CH. One designer has even used a model from threadless.com's t-shirt design kit. I don't want to be a tattletale, but is it up to the CH to ensure that the winning design is the best and also follows the rules?

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

we are changing the rules to go easier on backgrounds. so to put it short, the background doesn't have to be white.
You can show your design on models or t-shirt templates, just make sure that the design will work for a white background - that's usually the way it is printed.

#3 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Great question! I was wondering myself about this rule as well. I have read that everything needs to be on a white background unless the CH tells us that they want a different background. My first T-Shirt Design contest that I entered, I did see a lot of what you mentioned as well as different Mock-Ups and I was very confused and wondering why nothing was being done.

I still like to keep all my designs on a white background unless told to do otherwise. I honestly think it makes the design easier to read for the client. Again, I'm glad you asked this question because it was something that I was trying to figure out myself. :D

#4 DESIGNKB

DESIGNKB

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

yes very clear to me now too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users