design lag mac user windows

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sjkelly07

sjkelly07

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Does anyone find it annoying that you put allot of time and effort into designs, only for it to get eliminated without and feedback. There is one logo competition on the go at the minute (not naming any names). Where over 150 logos were eliminated and no ratings given for any entry, the comments page had no constructive advise to progress with the design.

Feedback greatly appreciated ;)

#2 vlada

vlada

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

You are totally right, i dont know for others but i cant read mind. It is very difficult to do the work without feedback, especially when the brief is bad. As i understand the DC is trying to explain the importance of comments and ratings to CHs.Maybe the designers should advise
CHs on the contests and explain that it is in their best interest to comment works, after all this is the 2way street.

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi there

I personally talk with every contestholder and strongly encourage as well as stress how important feedback is. We can't force them to give feedback but try to talk and explain how important this is and how it is a great benefit to give feedback

Like us on facebook

#4 sampdesigns

sampdesigns

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'm concerned as to the reasons of eliminating every design and not even responding to the comments. There's absolutely no communication going through. A lot of designers have tried to suggest doing something more but they won't actually pay it any attention. I wonder if anything can be done about it..

#5 Brendox

Brendox

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

I think when you're eliminated this is the best answer you can get from a contest holder... simple.. he didn't liked your design.. that's why in a contest you need to start with at least 2-3 versions/ideeas.. because if a contest holder WILL like your ideea even if you submited only 1 entry, he will tell you that.. so elimination is a feedback metode too...

#6 Javed

Javed

Banned

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think when you're eliminated this is the best answer you can get from a contest holder... simple.. he didn't liked your design.. that's why in a contest you need to start with at least 2-3 versions/ideeas.. because if a contest holder WILL like your ideea even if you submited only 1 entry, he will tell you that.. so elimination is a feedback metode too...

Yes I am agree to vprstudio that if a your entry is eliminated it is the best answer you can get from CH , but what happen when a CH Eliminated more that 250 entries without giving any proper guidance that what he wants........ :(

#7 sjkelly07

sjkelly07

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Exactly, theres no shame in having a design eliminated, but when over 250 entries get eliminated without reason then something should be done.

#8 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

im agree with javed, i had also faced the same problem from CH that he did not give proper guidance i didn't know what he wants ?:confused:

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Salman khan

send us a help ticket with contest, your username and we will see what is going on DesignContest - Powered by DesignContest.com

Like us on facebook

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

I know we have a contest right now with the situation you all are talking about. We are trying to help the client but in the end if the client doesn't know what they want we can't force the client to choose a design or rate or give feedback we "strongly " encourage and guide the client to help them guide you, the designer in the direction they want in a design.

Most of us have worked freelance and have had that "special" client (you know what I mean by special )

I am trying to keep all updated about this 'special" contest................

Like us on facebook

#11 sjkelly07

sjkelly07

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you for your response ;)

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well I am still working on this "special" contest. I can't say for sure what is going to happen. I do know the atmosphere from all the comments has not helped. That is one main reason those type of comments should either come to helpdelsk or the forum here, htose comments help make the situation even worse.

Like us on facebook

#13 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Special needs require special talents. What if we were to put something on the top of the page where the ch sees all the new designs.

{ Our designers work long and hard to design that special brand for your company. Your Feedback Is Crucial in order to achieve the best out of all the designers and their entries. Feedback on every single one is not required but the ones that you see to fit your business pls inform the designers on the best path to take to render the same concept you have in your head.}

Something to that manor

#14 vlada

vlada

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Good idea dskwkrs, this kind of message could only help.

#15 krsbelle

krsbelle

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

I too would like feedback on designs I have worked on that have been eliminated without reason. It would give me an idea on which direction I should go. It may just be something as simple as the color or font. It would be nice to have a starting point to work from.

#16 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

When a contestholder "eliminates your entry it simply means "wrong direction" That means to you design something new. Many clients do not know how to word or have the time to explain to each and every entry why it is eliminated, so go with it and create something new, don't dwell on a design that has been eliminated, you are not going to change the clients mind, they either like the design or not.

Like us on facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, lag, mac, user, windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users