Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

What do you about the time you have to wait for the prize?

creating a banner in fireworks

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Brendox

Brendox

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

I'm starting this thread because I think we, designers.. sometimes we wait too much untill we are paid after we win a contest. I mean, lets say you win a contest Thursday and you deliver all the files needed to the contest holder imediately after.. but the contest holder (sometimes) eighter forgets or it doesn't care to come back and close the contest.. Now we, designers have to wait 7 days untill next Thursday for the DC team to close the contest so we can receive the prize on our finance board.. after this step, we have to wait another 6 days untill Wednesday when DC team sends the money to your paypal account (if we choose paypal)3.. After we receive the money on paypal, you all know that we need to wait another 2-3 days untill the money enter to our credit card.. So the total time waited to get in the posesion of the money is almost 3 weeks, it happened to me guys and not only one time! 3 weeks while the contest holder can add his logo on his website the next day or moments after we uploaded the source files for him.. I think this is too much and it's not really fair for us designers.. especially when some of us really work hard for them..
  • elzisyahputra12 likes this

#2 dansheva

dansheva

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

dear friend....i have it too,when i get gold medal.....:-)

#3 Hadeelsa

Hadeelsa

Banned

• Banned
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

This is an issue really, waiting too long for payments or for the ch to confirm your files as if they do not care to get there files, sometimes i think they do not even know where to download there files when its really simple!
Also i wish the minimum payment for contests is higher, i mean almost all contests pay 230$ as an average which is really low,some websites have awards from 300 to thousands, i have sold a 1500$ logos and even 3000$ logos so 230$ is really low for the same amount of energy and creativity, i love dc website and want to work here all the time but the payments are not that much!

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

vprstudio

We send payments out once a week. If you send your payment request after payments have been sent out for the week then yes you have to wait.

The method you choose to be paid determines when money is credited. Paypal is instant credit. Wu and MG depends on what method you choose, if you choose cheapest, 3 business days then you pick payment up on the following Tue after payments have been sent. I'm not sure where you are getting this 3 week lag?

Some contest sites send payments every other week while other have payments sent out once a month. I think we do great job sending payments out once a week to our designers.

Like us on facebook

#5 Suleman khan

Suleman khan

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi Sharie
I have won a contest, and 7 days revision period is end and now 22 days but CH did not reply me hurry, he is reply me after 4 days,
i am very confused.

What you think about this,

Thanks
Salman khan

#6 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think that if you should have some type of system in place to make the CH come back more often. Like if they choose a winner and then dont come back for a while to close it then there should be a holding fee or something. Now I know your going to say we can't force the CH to come back and check there contest.....cause they might have to go on a trip or something. Well that is when you have them report to you that they are going on a trip or their going to be gone for awhile and then you mark it....kinda like you would do with us Designers. So that you "DC" in turn not wouldn't charge them for that holding fee. Now if they don't come back after there vacation or whatever then the fee with start.

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

If you have won a contest and it is close to the 7 day revision time being up, come to live chat, send a ticket in or start a thread in chat with mods, I will take care of of it as soon as I see it. If the ch has not replied or asked for any revised copies after choosing your design as winner then more times than none the ch has completed all he wants and I am able to go ahead and close, the only time we have to wait is if the ch has been active with revision requests. Each one of these is a case by case issue. Most of the time I can call the ch right then when I see the message and ask the ch if anything else is needed.

Thank you

Like us on facebook

#8 SpyMouse

SpyMouse

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

If you have won a contest, you can leave a comment asking the CH to close the contest if they are satisfied with the source files. It worked for me and I had the money in my account the next day.

#9 arzenaers

arzenaers

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

Hi, I’m a new user design contest account, for the first time join the contest I got the 3rd winner. How many time Withdraw process to  paypal? I’ve waiting for a month but the status still under review. Thanks

#10 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Hi, I’m a new user design contest account, for the first time join the contest I got the 3rd winner. How many time Withdraw process to  paypal? I’ve waiting for a month but the status still under review. Thanks

Hi, I have replied you here: https://www.designco...aw-process.html

• sharie likes this

#11 CKS

CKS

• Designer
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

If you have won a contest and it is close to the 7 day revision time being up, come to live chat, send a ticket in or start a thread in chat with mods, I will take care of of it as soon as I see it. If the ch has not replied or asked for any revised copies after choosing your design as winner then more times than none the ch has completed all he wants and I am able to go ahead and close, the only time we have to wait is if the ch has been active with revision requests. Each one of these is a case by case issue. Most of the time I can call the ch right then when I see the message and ask the ch if anything else is needed.

Thank you

Hi Sharie, i´m with the same problem, could you possible check this please, as i have send messages for the "contact us" but get no response or ticket generated :/

Thank you

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:36 PM

Hi there

I'm not getting emails from "contact us page,  please use live chat or helpdesk email   [email protected]

I need to know the contest and ch username  or contest url to help

Thank you

• CKS likes this

Like us on facebook

#13 CKS

CKS

• Designer
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

Hi there

I'm not getting emails from "contact us page,  please use live chat or helpdesk email   [email protected]

I need to know the contest and ch username  or contest url to help

Thank 

Sharie, thank you for your response. I´ve just send the email to [email protected]

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

Sharie, thank you for your response. I´ve just send the email to [email protected]

This has been resolved

Thank you

• CKS likes this

Like us on facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creating a banner, in fireworks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users