Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

No updates?
:)

#3 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Abandon contest that needed to be "mysteriously" remembered/listed by our own self....what a surprising "UPDATED" system

Edited by morabira, 04 August 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#4 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Sorry forgot...blind contest...
everything should be BLIND :) even the listing

Edited by morabira, 04 August 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#5 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

I've learned the lesson. I keep records of all problematic contests I entered. Statistics of that is pessimistic...

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

common guys stop with the negative attitudes! Absolutely no need for such negative attitudes. If the contest goes much longer I will split the contest prize like I do with any other abandoned contest. We can't force the contest holder to choose a design and if the ch chooses to abandoned there is not a thing we can or you can do about it.

I would think you would want me to wait as long as possible because a full prize amount is better than a 45 dollar split ..don't you think?

This castle farm contest is not even into its 5th week

Like us on facebook

#7 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Still waiting?

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

eximius

this is abandoned and I have already transferred the funds to the designers the prize is to be split with, (last week)

Like us on facebook

#9 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Wow, that is disappointing. Pretty nice prize amount also for that contest. I never understand why CH's abandon a contest. Doesn't make much sense considering they prepay and receive a ton of nice entries to choose from. I was looking forward to seeing all the entries but to no avail since it will remain blind.

@sharie~ Do Contest Holders ever come back asking about their contest after it has been deemed abandoned and $ has been distributed?

Also, how is it determined who receives money? I realize it is split between top rated - but is it split between top rated 3 designers? top rated 5 designers?

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

PaintedPony

prize amount determines how many will receive the prize split of 45 dollars.

And yes we have had clients come back 6 months even a yr later either asking for a refund or want to open the contest again, have even had they say I want to choose entry #56 as the winner of a contest that has been abandoned for almost 9 months. We had a client comeback after a 1 1/2 asking for source files on a contest he abandoned.

My reply is they have to either start a new contest or open a 1on1 with the designer they wanted as the winner

Sad thing is I call and send numerous emails as well as the auto emails that go out. Many replies from clients is life just got in the way and a logo became low priority. Many time a logo will be put on the backburner if funding goes away for new business, something personal stops the business. You never know what the reason is. Many abandoned because they didn't see what they wanted but didn't feel right to ask money back so they let us distribute the prize. You just never know.

Like us on facebook

#11 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for the info Sharie. :) I always wondered about that. OK, so the contest prize amount determines how many top-rated designers receive a total of $45 each.

What happens if the CH abandoned the contest and didn't rate any designs? Money goes to a community contest? Is that correct?

Understandable regarding things just happen that puts the contest on a back burner for some contest holders such as a delay in funding regarding their new business. It seems though that since they already paid in advance, that they would go ahead and pick a design (as I don't think they could go wrong with most entries they receive). At least if they at a later date are able to start up the business, they would already have a logo that they paid for. But, such is life. :)

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yes if "no" rated entries the prize goes toward a community contest where we have "3" paid winners

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users