Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Dozens of closed contests and no winners picked?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 TimLavelle

TimLavelle

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hey Everyone,

So I was entering a few website design contests and I've noticed from the three I've placed designs in, that the communication from the CH is quite sporadic and one of the contest has closed and the CH has rated no designs and has been MIA (Missing in Action) for half a week.

So it made me a bit curious about how often this happens, so I checked the last two dozen or so "closed" contests, and none of those have chosen any winners. It seems a bit odd that these CH's pay the funds up front and then leave the contests static and stale. For the contest that weren't blind, there were some really good logos/templates.

Does this happen quite often? Just thought I'd ask.

Cheers
Tim

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

When a contest goes past the 5th week of no activity then it is considered abandoned, contestholder choose to abandon for various reasons. At any given time contest close, reopen, paid extended by the contestholder. It is very normal for a contest to a week or two with no winner, then all of a sudden the contest has a winner or it is re-opened.

When a contest goes abandoned the contest prize is split with highest rated designers in that contest with each to receive 45 dollars, prize amount determines how many designers will have this split. If no rated designer then the prize money goes to a community contest where we (designcontest) will choose 3 paid winners

Like us on facebook

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Wanted to add just because it says closed doesn't mean it is closed, , most are just expired mode waiting on client, some just a day some close to be abandoned, varies from day to day.

Like us on facebook

#4 TimLavelle

TimLavelle

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thanks Sharie and understood. Are CH's generally non communicative? I'm seeing CH asks for a design and others post designs and ask for review, but CH doesn't come around for days. Though this is in the Website design section... the logo design section looks like the CH's are quite active.

#5 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

@Sharie:

I also noticed that, too. At least, I learned now that some Clients are just not so active enough to check about the contest they're holding... I was actually wondering about how could a contest (that is closed for weeks) picks a winner until I read this... Thanks, Sharie! :)

#6 sajid2032

sajid2032

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Sharie you say that the prize is distributed among the top rated designer if the contest holder doesn't pick up the designer my question is how many top rated designer get paid either two or top ten

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

the number of designers is determined by the prize amount. If the prize amount is 100 dollars then 2 designers will have this split, any remaining goes to the community contest pot

Thank you

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users