• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 AlexandruSaru

AlexandruSaru

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Hello again,

I have read the rules about getting rating points, but I don't understand one line in which it is stated that: "Contest participation - the points from your highest rated entry are included in your score".

If for example I don't get any medal on one contest is there any criteria to accumulate rating points on that specific contest ?

Regards

#2 Iridith

Iridith

• Designer
  • 1236 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hey again AlexandruSaru :),

You will get rating points after the contest has finished (and the winner has been selected) from only one of your entries - the one that got the best score. Example: you've uploaded 3 entries and the CH gave you 30, 57 and 72 rating points for them. When the contest is finished you'll get 72 points added to your overall score that you can check in your portfolio.

Cheers,
Iridith

#3 AlexandruSaru

AlexandruSaru

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

So the rating points given on the blue bar, right below the uploaded image (the range from 0 to 100), are the points given by CH during the contest, right?

I understand now

#4 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

So the rating points given on the blue bar, right below the uploaded image (the range from 0 to 100), are the points given by CH during the contest, right?

I understand now

-------------

It is! :) I also got problems with rating points when I started joining here a month ago, but I learned so many things here... Just don't be discouraged by low rating points... Everyone had started there. Think positive! :)

#5 OscarW

OscarW

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

I find the ratings system frustrating. Anybody who has developed branding from the start knows that at first its all about development.
Im currently working with a contest holder who wants some fine tuning, basically I can win this contest if I can fine tune it for them, but I cant because of these bloody ratings system. I have a ton of years in design and I know how to develop a logo and it cant be done 99% of the times with two or three initial submits. I understand about spamming a contest, but this is really putting a dampener on quality designs, I wish there could be leeway. This rating system also does an injustice to the CH who wants the best from a particular design but because a particular designers ratings aren't high enough the client cant get their logo they want, and thats not good for business for DesignContest.

I would ask admin to reconsider this ratings system or put in place a system where more submits can be added

Edited by marka, 02 April 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#6 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hello,
u should kindly ask the CH to rate your unrated designs or ask him/her to mark your entry as "i want to see a revision"
maybe even direct them to this link How do I give feedback and rate my designers entries?

Hope it helps

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Vlad you are correct : )

Some clients simply forget about the ratings when it comes to asking for revisions. I always let the client know that rating 30 points doesn't mean you like or want the design but rather you want to see more work from the designer

Like us on facebook

#8 OscarW

OscarW

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Vlad and Sharie, I shall do this in the future

Best
Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users