cheap contest trueArt design album cover music album cover insulting

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sajad

sajad

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

There's a contest " Dance of the Snowflakes " which asks designers to design 8 DIFFERENT cover albums for the price of 360$, so basically its 45$ per each album cover !!! which is beyond ridiculous and insulting to professional designers who work on the website . 

Of course an amateur designer did the work for the contest holder but it still is a bit annoying to see designcontest.com, a website that really helps and respects true art, allows a contest like this to happen on its website. 

I wanted to know what other professional designers think about a situation like this.

Thanks,
Sajad

contest link : www.designcontest.com/cd-cover-design/dance-of-the-snowflakes/entries/

• weiesnbach likes this

#2 weiesnbach

weiesnbach

• Designer
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

I saw it,  and opened the brief.  Then I turned away.  There is a reason he got stock photography and minimal  type work.  You always have the option to  not participate.  I didn't...

...but yeah I thought the same,  even  broke out my calculator to  do  the math. 

• Babba likes this

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

The  contest payout is on hold  I suspect fraud and will not payout this until I know for sure it is safe

• Babba, weiesnbach and Yulistina like this

Like us on facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cheap contest, trueArt, design, album cover, music, album, cover, insulting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users