• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Fabio Piscicelli

Fabio Piscicelli

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

About notifications for an invitation to a contest:

It's nice to get a quick look at a project one could be interested in, but I've noticed how such running contests are almost always topped by very high- or highest-rated entries, often as multiple proposals by one or several designers; this discourages me from checking the brief and investing time in pitching something that I think would take first spot in the client's eye, which is pretty much already spoken for.

Although it's true that one could tackle such "topped-off contests" as a good challenge – especially for really interesting projects or when a great idea pops in one's head, whether or not in blind mode – I regularly feel like the pool party's kinda over as I show up with my invitation, so why try to find a drink and start chatting up a group that's already jumping in the water or kissing on the chaise lounges? 

My suggestion, if other designers agree, is to release invitations only for contests where the entries' ratings hover around or below 50/100 after a few days or so.

Peace  :cool: 

F.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

HI there

I'm sorry but we do not have control over the designer invites. If the contestholder feels the need to to see if invited designers can submit something that will wow them  then  nothing we can say to them to stop or slow that down.. Many times clients will send out invites toward end of the contest just to see if  someone will submit something new and unique, it is kinda like they are checking to make sure they are going to choose the right design for that new logo

• Kristina2912 and gigs_005700 like this

Like us on facebook

#3 gigs_005700

gigs_005700

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

i agree to what the admin's reply. Perhaps the contest holder seen the potential to the designer who had been invited. Maybe the contest holder was able to check designers and believe that the entries are really qualifying so the contest holder would like to see if the designer could really provide entries that would amaze them and/or meet their expectations in their own contest. Anyways, it's up to the designer who had been invited whether to submit entries or not, ho harm done i think if you were invited and if there are already lots of entries being submitted. invited designer might nail it. efforts luck? who knows?

peace.

• Kristina2912 likes this

#4 Kristina2912

Kristina2912

• Designer
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

Hello world! I think that no matter how much the client evaluates the design if contestholder feels the need to see other designers who can provide something new and unique, then you should definitely give it a try, especially if you have some original and creative idea to contestholder made sure that he was going to make the right choice for your new logo. 
Good luck to everyone!

• weiesnbach and gigs_005700 like this

#5 designer_17

designer_17

• Designer
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

556 designers are invited and there is nothing in brief:

https://www.designco...-design/166095/

even name is not there.

#6 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

I was just looking at this one. Thank you! 

#7 designer_17

designer_17

• Designer
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

I was just looking at this one. Thank you! 

Funny part is that; now we can see one entry there also. :smile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: invitation, contest, notifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users