#1 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hello my dear colleagues,

Dear sharie,

I was disappointed when I saw a design of mine eliminated early in the competition to be chosen as the silver medal.

Link of contest: 

https://www.designco...igital/entries/

My entry (#15 entry): https://www.designco.../design/257071/

Is there an Ethical Criterion in Choosing Winners? I would like to know if there are any criteria of Contest Holder!

In this way, it will discourage the achievement of valuable design and valuable competition..

What if this design was the first place as a gold medal?!
Can someone tell me?

Warm Regards!

ursachio

• lalelemu likes this

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

Ursachio, I know it is frustrating, many of us have been there.

First of all, designs are very similar, but not the same. Also, it is not an unique concept.

Your design was eliminated among the first 10, with the total or received designs in this contest over 600. For client it is too much... it is also a whole process of developing, getting picture of what they want.

I do not think it has anything to do with the Ethical. No one copied you or ripped you off.

You asked what if it was a gold place... I can ask you also this - why complain now? 

I am also surprised by your reaction since you are not a new here and have experience with various clients.

• sharie and lalelemu like this

#3 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Ursachio, I know it is frustrating, many of us have been there.

First of all, designs are very similar, but not the same. Also, it is not an unique concept.

Your design was eliminated among the first 10, with the total or received designs in this contest over 600. For client it is too much... it is also a whole process of developing, getting picture of what they want.

I do not think it has anything to do with the Ethical. No one copied you or ripped you off.

You asked what if it was a gold place... I can ask you also this - why complain now? 

I am also surprised by your reaction since you are not a new here and have experience with various clients.

Dear Babba,  I thank you for answering me .  I know you are a good designer with great experience.  That's why I appealed to you to alert about this unwanted aspect.

My concept was novel and unique at that time.  And then it was so predictable to put two different colors. That 3D mockup is very familiar to you as well.

I thought I was eliminated because CH did not like my design. Without any explanation. Then I saw that a silver medal was chosen.

Where is the honest choice? How to solve such a problem, if instead of a silver medal is the gold medal.

I was bothered by the fact that there was no explanation. it is frustrating.

Why there is no more drastic penalty when someone is copying another competitor's design.

I have noticed this practice is very common lately . It's not for the good of this wonderful site

Many thanks,

ursachio

• lalelemu and KleXen like this

#4 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

By the way, the design removed  by the CH must remain visible, not obstructed.

There must be an honest competition to both designers and beneficiaries until the end of the contest.

warm regards,

ursachio

• lalelemu likes this

#5 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

Ursachio, it is fair competition. Your design was eliminated much before winners submitted their designs. CH didn't rate or gave feedback to you over this design. So, no one copied your design. 

• lalelemu likes this

#6 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Babba,
Even though that design has been removed, that design can still be seen by other designers. The idea can be seen. I think you can figure it out.

The problem is that there are many copies of other designers. Do you realize this ?

This is not just me or you who come up with original works. There should be greater protection for the original idea and for designers who bring fresh and original ideas.

That is the essence of this topic!

Sincerely,

ursachio

• lalelemu likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, ethical criteria, design principles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users