As requested, here's some finished work

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

As per request by "Coy" I am providing 2 links to past completed work.

Old Portfolio This portfolio has not been updated in 2 years, but does provide you with 5 categories of: Logo / Illustration / Mascot / Caricature / Website.

Logo samples These samples are mixed styles of mine, some are more recent works.

Note: I no longer provide any web design / coding services, I discontinued that type work about a year ago. I mainly focus on 2D Vector design now: Logo / mascot / Caricature / Illustration. Eventually I'll get around to updating my "Old Portfolio" as I redesign the old website to be more like my newer Logo services sub-domain site you see in the "Logo Sample" link.

I actually have a 250gb external hard drive with well over 10,000+ original designs of mine archived offline & over 5,000+ 700mb CD's with about 20+ clients work on each That I file away for when they come back to me later for more work. Eventually when a client comes back enough they manage to get their very own CD lol.....

When I get around to updating everything with newer completed projects I'll post the new links here (Might be a while though). I actively design & participate in about 2-10 projects per day (5 days a week) from direct clients, contests, referrals, & freelance sources, so it's hard sometimes to set aside some me time for site redesigns lol.

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

some nice works in there and a clean site. The old site was just as nice.

#3 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Coy.... :) ... Now if I can just muster up the time and motivation to revamp / update / redesign everything (Motivation being the key factor of the equation) :p

#4 gdeetan

gdeetan

• Designer
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

these are nice works, I can understand why you discontinued coding work, doing some coding work here myself. =)

#5 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

Very nice, especially the newer stuff. It seems that re-designing your own sites are usually the toughest thing to do (or find time for), but I'm sure you can do it! I like the little characters on your website and DC avatar, by the way. :)
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#6 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Very nice, especially the newer stuff. It seems that re-designing your own sites are usually the toughest thing to do (or find time for), but I'm sure you can do it! I like the little characters on your website and DC avatar, by the way. :)

Thanks, My little yellow mascot was my way of practicing doing a variety of facial expressions & body positioning, I actually have over 1000+ of those little guys. I had a tough time at first getting facial expressions just right so that it coveys the right message, after a few months of practice & fortifying my own mascot army I managed to perfect it a little bit. Practice makes perfect I suppose :)

#7 Drokho

Drokho

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Good stuff, like your line quality. Do you use a tablet or trace scans or have insane mouse skillz?

#8 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Good stuff, like your line quality. Do you use a tablet or trace scans or have insane mouse skillz?

I purchased my first tablet almost 4 years ago now & still use it on every project. Took me about 2 weeks (if I recall properly) to get used to it. It has proven to be one of my MOST used tools (Daily).

Here's my normal approach:

1.) Read a project brief in it's entirety
2.) Sit back, relax, & take a few deep breaths
3.) Close my eyes & focus on the primary attributes of the brief
4.) eventually I'll start to get a few creative visions blending together
5.) I then freehand sketch a few of the vision on my graphics tablet with the vector pencil tool
6.) I select the best of them & define it with the vector pen tool
7.) I then look it over & see if I can make it even more simplistic for branding (If project requires it)
8.) I make sure that the design is sustainable in black & White as well as monochrome
9.) I then splash color into it (Normally trying not to use more than 3)
10.) Finally I add it to my presentation template & upload to my server for Live viewing
11.) Every 14 days I purge all previous uploads for security

Thanks for asking, I hope that helps explain it a bit :)

#9 bunker

bunker

Banned

• Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Hey Great work! Yea it's very difficult to work in your own site, it's very chalenging.

I want to use a tablet, which one do you recommend?

#10 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hey Great work! Yea it's very difficult to work in your own site, it's very chalenging.

I want to use a tablet, which one do you recommend?

Recommending a tablet (to me) is like recommending a software. There are 2 takes on the subject: 1.) recommending the Most popular tablet (industry standard by default of the amount of users) which would be "Wacom".... & 2.) recommending the tablet that i have been using & chose as part of my design tools arsenal for the last 4 years of owning it, which would be the "Genius G-Pen".

I'm the oddball when it comes to design, my personal choice of tools are manufactured from smaller unknown companies, yet produce & deliver industry standard results & formats that remain compatible & up to date with the current industry's demands. :)

#11 bunker

bunker

Banned

• Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

You express yourself so well that should be politician. jajajaja
Thank you very much for the Tip.

Bye

#12 AXEL89

AXEL89

Apprentice Designer