• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 lindsay

lindsay

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

Aloha! I am new to Designcontest.com and looking for constructive criticism on my websites. I just moved to Hawaii and my art supplies have not arrived yet from Maryland. Please check out my portfolio site and let me know what you think.

1 Warning - I designed in iWeb - which is notoriously slow to load - I am working to fix this. Thank you!

www.lindsayalperstein.com

#2 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hey Lindsay,

it's not that slow ;) I've seen worse! Nice surrealistic kinda style in your work! Hawaii you say!? Ah, why am i not there?! Beats Holland!

#3 sevehn

sevehn

• Designer
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Nice Site! -- looking forward to see more of what you will be doing to your website!

Also, just out of curiosity, one of your services is designing print materials for wedding/bridal occasions?
:D
--
the best is yet to come ~

#4 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

nope ... won't load ... lost patience after 10 seconds

#5 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:48 AM

Nice artistic feel to your site and it loads fine for me.

Just a few suggestions, I would add one more image to your "fine arts" page (if you happen to have one) to make it like a rectangle as in the "graphic arts" page (unless this was intentional and if so ignore my comment). This will help give more consistency to your layout between pages.

There also seems to be a problem with the headings of the different sections, since in the Background page, the letter "d" of the "background" title is outside the edge of the page. Also in the Graphic Arts page, the title overflows outside the header frame. The word "reserved" of the "all rights reserved" text at the bottom of the page is also partially hidden by the bottom border. To get rid of these small errors you might want to consider repositioning and increasing the width of your div containing the header title for each section or slightly reducing the size of your header font. You can do the same for the div containing the "all rights reserved" text to make it fit on one single line.
Other than that very nice site : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users