• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 DKdesigns

DKdesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

This first was taken at a factory visit with my class.
Posted Image

This next one was taken in Egypt this summer.
Posted Image

Hope you can help me out.
Jesper

#2 ancitis

ancitis

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

The second one doesn't show up but the first one looks great.
I love the contrast and the depth.
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

The first one is interesting. A hard subject to get a photo. I think you need go in more, crop it now but when taking the shot I would have gone in a bit more. It is very hard to tell what it is with this crop. Another thing that kinda is distracting is the stuff on top of the furnace. As is there is too much dark space to aid in the photo. If you crop this to the inside of the (outer part of the furnace) You could leave some of the top furnace but cut out the distracting part. Play around with the photo doing different crops.

Fire photos can be a pill to get good balance going in the subject. Everyone seems scared to move in on a subject and ends up leaving way too much in a shot that lends nothing to the composition.

The second photo. Were you under water? The curve is very noticeable..on long far away shots, water shots mostly you can see the curve when you have a horizon in the image. The horizon here is distracting with that stuff on top of the water, cropping that out would give a more pleasing to the eye composition. This photo can have several different compositions.

One composition is going with the fish. The main subject shouldn't be in the center but more to the viewing right a bit more. I said viewing right because of the way the fish is pointed and cropping out the very dark area in the viewers right corner would also lend itself to a better balance to the composition.

Now if you want the whole photos but cropped out the water top line, basically cropping to show there is water above the reef you would see a more pleasing composition.

You can move the image around right while reading this just by moving your window around and slide bar, you will get an idea what I am talking about. Moving the slide bar on the image to a bit above the reef you see the water but no curve or distracting elements, you can then focus on the reef and the fish.

Panoramics can be difficult, there are so many elements to deal with then add the water element.

Just my opinion, so you can toss it or crop it out if you want LOL

Like us on facebook

#4 DKdesigns

DKdesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Just my opinion, so you can toss it or crop it out if you want LOL

Really nice feedback, ofcourse there are serveral things I wanted to do when they were shot. But it's just not always posible :)

But thanks for the feedback :)

#5 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

nice work, i like the feel of heat in big black back ground. good work.

#6 ambush

ambush

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Nice shot. The subtle purples are a nice contrast to the orange and yellows.

#7 ItsMoh

ItsMoh

Banned

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

The colors of the first one (only one I can see) are great.

Good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users