• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Feechi

Feechi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:13 AM

I'm new, not only to this forum but also to Web Design. I just finnished school and I have only one web site (well, two if you count one I did FREE for my church).

This web site has been created for a while now, but I never really got any advice about the whole design from other designers. I think your comments will help me in the furture when designing other sites. I didn't quite like some of the looks on this site, but my client did, so hey.... for the money, he got what he wanted :D

Let me know what you think.
http://www.hairiam4u.com

Thanks,

#2 Guest_Unregistered_*

Guest_Unregistered_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:01 AM

I'm not sure if this is one of the things that you disliked or not but I think the stretched picture is kindof disrespectful to the photographer who took it, not to mention it kinda looks bad. In the future I would avoid stretching the photo in only one axis, even if it suits the proportions you need.

Otherwise everything seems alright. Good start, good luck in the future :)

#3 Guest_Unregistered_*

Guest_Unregistered_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

Yep. You guested it. The pictures doesn't set well with me, and I'm not too sure about the color either. Anyway, the pictures is actually a painting.

#4 Feechi

Feechi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:44 PM

Yep. You guested it. The pictures doesn't set well with me, and I'm not too sure about the color either. Anyway, the pictures is actually a painting.

#5 PDL

PDL

Banned

• Banned
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:54 AM

Nice site - considering its your first, however i think you need to think more about which elements you use flash in. Its a bit slow loading and navigation because of this gets quickly annoying.

But best of luck with your ventures

#6 PR0DiGiE

PR0DiGiE

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:24 PM

The slowness turned me off to it too. I don't know if you meant for the pixellated images in your intro, but it doesn't fit at all for a sleek Hollywood hair designer. The intro is very long too, speeding it up and shortening it would be a better way to introduce your site. The global nav disappears in some places, like in the gallery. It should present on subpages too. You seem to have had a lot of images to work with though, adding one to the text pages, like the about page, would make it more interesting visually. Not a bad effort for a first web site, keep working at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users