• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

Do you have a blackbook? And do you carry it around where ever you go?

Black book is a small book can be in every color or design though, but its just a book with only white pages. And if you ever suddenly got an idea of just want to do some sketching or writing you can use it.

I got a few thats gotten fairly full with idea and sketches, but lately my PDA phone is doing the job. Also cost less paper:D

• Guests

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

I do have one. Though it is always in my backpack and I carry it around wherever I go, most of the time I use it at home. Guess I need some quiet atmosphere even to sketch...

#3 VYFX

VYFX

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:24 AM

I always have some form of paper on me, and whenever an idea comes into my mind I copy it down. It has definitely helped me come up with some good designs and concepts.

#4 jesse101

jesse101

• Designer
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

Yes I do, ts a drawing sketch book, with a nice hard cover.
http://www.gdlounge.blogspot.com \ www.strategicexposure.com | Your Creative Marketing Advantage

#5 LutFi

LutFi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

I have several black book.
I prefer one that fit my shirt pocket.
It really help me to jolt some ideas, or sketch something that really interesting.

Long before when I was in high school, I even use black book to attract some girls that I like. Just show off to them some nice drawings. :D

I also prefer to bring pocket digital camera/ sound recorder to record something.

#6 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

I carry at least 2, in my purse, 1 in the car...... they are full of my ideas, and my kids doodles;)

#7 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

I can honestly say that i do not have a blackbook, i did at one time, but i rarely used it. I find that i get most of my inspiration when i am work, by messing around in a program, just randomly putting shapes here and there. I then find myself with and acuall image in my head, and i do whatever i can to make a match of that image come to my computer screen.

#8 hackdesign

hackdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have gone through alot of those over the years. I call them journals, but there are no lines, more like a sketchbook. This topic reminded me of a few stories.

1. My african red and thick journal, one of my favorite things. I was in Ghana studying african drumming and dancing for 2 months. While i was there i drew and wrote in that book for hundreds of hours. It feels so good to sit and look at it, some amazing memories. Funny how a simple book i created can be worth more than anything i own.

2. I was at the zoo in Buffalo, New York and someone broke into my car and stole my bag. Inside my bag was my beloved black book and 4 library books on new guinea, for a type project i was doing for university. There was a snoop dogg cd too. I couldn't delieve it, i was in shock, that black book had over year of my life in there. If anyone ever lodt one they know the feeling. I went to the police and said please find my black book. After filing the report i went back to school, about an hour away. A few days later i received a phone call from the library saying they found my bag at a convenient store in the ghetto. I couldn't believe it. I said is my black book there, they said they don't know. The convenient store called the library because of my books and they left address. i drove straight there. When i got there i was so nervous to look inside. It was there, untouched and beautiful. I love when stuff like that happens, horror turned into joy. i remember telling my friend, i would give my car to get that book back, would i really?

3. i have a few black books that have been to over ten countries. So those black books travel like people, and while they are in use they go everywhere. but when they are finished they sit on the shelf and once in awhile they get picked up and looked at. Is that like retirement?

#9 valover

valover

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

I've got way too many blackbooks, journals, little notebooks, or a combination of those things. Always nice to have one with you, but when I need one I forget to bring them along :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users