• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 dhizzle230

dhizzle230

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

One of my favorite designers is Sagmeister.
They are known for their very conceptual designs.
Visit their website and see their work.

Relocate

#2 PixelFuze

PixelFuze

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hmm very interesting, and very creative if anything. I like the way they think :).

#3 curvabezier

curvabezier

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

I just entered their site, they have lots of great designs!

#4 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

Yeah...take a look at Stefan sagmeisters piece for the AIGA Detroit Poster. He made his intern carve type into his flesh...pretty sick.

Also take a look at Thirst aka Rick Valicenti's company in Chicago or and take a look at Michael Beirut's Yale posters. He actually has a book with all 40 of the Yale Architecture Posters in it. Really nice typography.

#5 Bv23

Bv23

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

To start off, the website is sweet. The work on there is pretty creative, too.

#6 danuyudhist

danuyudhist

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

Sagmeister is the "Sickest" one... :cool:

#7 BasySilver

BasySilver

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

Well they seem to be rly creative and for sure they know a lot about design but anyway i dont like their work :/

#8 harris888

harris888

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

When Stefan Sagmeister was invited to design the poster for an AIGA lecture he was giving on the campus at Cranbrook near Detroit, he asked his assistant to carve the details on to his torso with an X-acto knife and photographed the result. Sunning himself on a beach the following summer, Sagmeister noticed traces of the poster text rising in pink as his flesh tanned.

Now a graphic icon of the 1990s, that 1999 AIGA Detroit poster typifies Stefan Sagmeister’s style. Striking to the point of sensationalism and humorous but in such an unsettling way that it’s nearly, but not quite unacceptable, his work mixes sexuality with wit and a whiff of the sinister. Sagmeister’s technique is often simple to the point of banality: from slashing D-I-Y text into his own skin for the AIGA Detroit poster, to spelling out words with roughly cut strips of white cloth for a 1999 brochure for his girlfriend, the fashion designer, Anni Kuan. The strength of his work lies in his ability to conceptualise: to come up with potent, original, stunningly appropriate ideas.

Born in Bregenz, a quiet town in the Austrian Alps, in 1962, Sagmeister studied engineering after high school, but switched to graphic design after working on illustrations and lay-outs for Alphorn, a left-wing magazine. The first of his D-I-Y graphic exercises was a poster publicising Alphorn’s Anarchy issue for which he persuaded fellow students to lie down in the playground in the shape of the letter A and photographed them from the school roof.

Edited by Coy, 09 February 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#9 arkzai

arkzai

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

well Sagmeister is gotta be one of the best designers out there

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, graphic designer, inspiration, sagmeister

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users