• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 insane

insane

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

Great idea !!! I was a bit sceptical about the whole idea of this forum posting but now once I started wexlopring it turns out I was wrong !!! great job !!! Can't wait to participate in a contest

#82 alyciaengel

alyciaengel

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:28 AM

This is some excellent information! I have been trying to decide if I should go with a portfolio site or design my own. This gives me a lot to think about!

#83 Suus

Suus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

Very cute! Thanks.

yes cute indeed, i've been using this one for a while...

#84 pixel-life

pixel-life

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

I also knew about devianart.com and the great designs there! thanks

#85 osk386

osk386

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

I think DevianArt is the best, good information, thanx Nancy :D

#86 KatGV

KatGV

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

I just joined DeviantArt abut a month ago, An I dont really trust it, I have a free acct and It seems every time I veiw other peoples pictures/art and I click on them to see a bigger veiw I get some sort of warning message from my computer saying Ive been infected luckily Norton catches it but this thats the only site I seem to have that problem on S.C.A.R.Y!!!

#87 not2shabby

not2shabby

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

You certainly have done your share of homework. These are great spots to visit... Thanks so much!

I thought it might be a good idea to have a single thread listing portfolio hosting sites. Perhaps we could list site fees, advantages, disadvantages, limitations, restrictions... etc.

I noticed several posts asking about online portfolios.

DesignContest.net launches designed.nu - a place where you can host your logo design portfolio.

Here are some more:

Free Online Creative Design Portfolios - Creative Binge free, 21 images

Coroflot - Design Jobs & Portfolios free portfolio and sharing of files

Fliich - showcase yourself appears to be free

Creative Hotlist: Job Searches, Portfolios and Recruiting for Graphic and Web Designers, Writers, Photographers and Illustrators ($35 for 6 months)

Behance Network :: Gallery (beta) By invite

Art Jobs | Design Portfolios | Design Careers | Creative Jobs - Creative Shake Basic portfolio, free, 5 images. Enhanced subscriptions for $10, $22, $49 per month.

-- EDIT -- Here is a compiled list of the suggested links in this thread:

Carbonmade : Your online portfolio. – 35 images, free

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket – free, image size limitations

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing – 100MB, Free. For $25 a year, Unlimited

DesignFirms Design Directory, Community and Business Development Marketplace – free, unlimited

Simple private real-time sharing and collaboration by drop.io - no account necessary, free

www.blogger.com – free but shouldn’t be used for commercial use.

deviantART: where ART meets application! – free, couldn’t find limitations

Black Turtle Media - Get Noticed! – free, couldn’t find limitations

There are a few others, but left out of this list because I was unsure that they were good options considering the features of all the above sites.

I use another contest site. It makes you develop a thicker skin-- being rejected/eliminated...but it's the name of the game..Besides, it keeps my hand in the craft, and practice, practice, practice~

I just joined DeviantArt abut a month ago, An I dont really trust it, I have a free acct and It seems every time I veiw other peoples pictures/art and I click on them to see a bigger veiw I get some sort of warning message from my computer saying Ive been infected luckily Norton catches it but this thats the only site I seem to have that problem on S.C.A.R.Y!!!

I spend a lot of time looking at designs, ads, etc. I find it fascinating that the hot colors of late are simulating the Olympic 2010 designs. Anyone else notice?:);)

This is some excellent information! I have been trying to decide if I should go with a portfolio site or design my own. This gives me a lot to think about!

I have been submitting designs left and right on other design sites, and the fact that I have been on the short list a couple of times keeps me going, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to hang out here where it matters to the powers that be that we are good enough to "belong"... Have my fingers crossed...and will share this great site with my art group. :D

Edited by Coy, 06 April 2010 - 04:03 PM.
quadruple post..

#88 serenabass

serenabass

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Another great site that I found that makes a nice free portfolio is issuu.com. It is for magazines and books and stuff usually, but my school uses it for our portfolio class.

#89 nit22

nit22

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

u can also checkout few of these awesome sites:

www.a-to-s.co.uk,themixhead.com,2advanced.com

Edited by nit22, 12 May 2010 - 07:17 PM.

#90 Mare

Mare

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

great work not2shabby. i love that you support our laziness :p

#91 mdmarein

mdmarein

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thanks, cool share!

#92 one2curlyq

one2curlyq

• Guests
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

thanks

#93 yainoe

yainoe

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hi, just wanna recommend a portfolio site, MediaEcho - Get Creative Exposure
No restrictions on members and its free. Think they have some Lucasfilm job postings too.

#94 The77Alliance

The77Alliance

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

I've been working on Behance the past few months and I'm pretty happy with it. It is by invite only, but thats just to keep the riff raff out. Apply, I don't think its as hard as people think.
This is what I have up so far.

#95 crystalh

crystalh

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you to everyone for the great information!

#96 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:49 AM

I just found this one: Simple private real-time sharing and collaboration by drop.io

Cool - no account is necessary. That's so unusual.

Drop.io enables you to create simple private sharing points called "drops."

The service has no email signup and no "accounts." Each drop is private, and only as accessible as you choose to deliberately make it. Create multiple drops, add any type of media, and share or subscribe as you want. To make a drop just click the big red button that says 'drop it' (more)

Looked at most of the links above, something new I havent seen before was on Drop.io
Seems you can have an interactive conference call with someone else, showing off your work, one way this can be usefull is if you are discussing work with a client over the phone,or having an over the phone interview, You can bring up on their computer each item as you discuss it. There is a video tutorial that will show you more. Cool stuff.

#97 norydendevora

norydendevora

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the portfolio tip!

#98 untung

untung

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

thanks very much for all of information..

#99 Annuska

Annuska

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

as I know most designer's first and only choice is Behance, you can get lot's of exposure and it's really good for networking...

#100 texasthc

texasthc

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:47 AM

check out Free online portfolios to showcase your work // SHOWN'D . they have a chic easy to use layout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users