• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#301 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

hi,

can a designer use his own canvas for contests?

#302 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

thank for information,
but I have a question about portfolio,
I have too much logo design, but i have not 10 webdesigne,
what must i do?

thx

#303 tipeapablo

tipeapablo

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

thank for information,
but I have a question about portfolio,
I have too much logo design, but i have not 10 webdesigne,
what must i do?

thx

If you have at least some websites design i think that will be enought to present the form to be an elite designer... anyway, remember that it allways to the community to decide if you become or not a elite designer.

#304 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

The majority of the contests I have seen don't include anything about web design.

I'm a graphic designer. My portfolio consists of all printed materials. So I may be a very good logo designer, ad designer, etc.,but unless I have webpages in my portfolio then I am exempt from going the elite design team? Web design and graphic design are completely different. How does this make sense?

#305 ManideepRaja

ManideepRaja

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

i want clear information of habing Portfolio !! wud u help me please !!

#306 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Thanks tipeapablo,

I make my Portfolio with my Logo design (12 Logos),
and I want make another Album for Print design...

thx again

#307 ambush

ambush

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

Quick question. I'm still in school and in the process of building my portfolio and website. I'm thinking about taking the "Non-profit/Charity Contest and Community Contest" route to become a member of the design team. Where can I find these contests?

#308 krantvs

krantvs

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

hello
i am now reading , and traning.
maybe , after posts i will designed many logos and more..., it is , i am member of only design team. ok?
when i will elite designer? What's the difference between Elite Designer & Design Team Member?

#309 krantvs

krantvs

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

hi again
can i upload more than 3 works

#310 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

I'm thinking about taking the "Non-profit/Charity Contest and Community Contest" route to become a member of the design team. Where can I find these contests?

Hi ambush. The Community Contest is always listed on the home page. Right under the current list of "logo Design Contests". Their is still time for you to enter the current one. You can enter up to three entires. Good luck!

As for the Non-profit/Charity Contests, I haven't seen one listed for a long time.

#311 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

hi again
can i upload more than 3 works

Hi krantvs. Three entries is the maximum for community contests and one way to enter more than 3 times in a logo contest is if the contest holder has marked one of your entries as "needs work", then you are allowed to make changes and submit another one.

#312 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

No you can't!, All entries must be presented on official canvas. The files can be downloaded here.

hi,

can a designer use his own canvas for contests?

#313 bpegon

bpegon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

This is really great!

Hello new DC designers,

Due to no guide for starters and people unaware about what they can do I made this guide. Hope it will help new designer who likes to join this community.

Most here might already work for companies or work freelance for one, but this community is a great way for student or just beginning designers to learn or improve them self. Here the level of designs in the Designer Team is very high, so companies ask for designs will get good designs. So to be chosen for the Design Team is a big privileged, and it don't happen directly. So you need to prove yourself, for some its easy but for students and beginning designers it could be hard.

Don't think this place is all about winning contest and earn allot of money. Its all about trying to express yourself to make the best design and hopefully it could be actually be used, and the extra a bit of cash earnings for your sweat and tears to design it.

- Just starting

When you just started you can still do allot of stuff in this community. There are different sections where you can do different things:

1. General Information
2. Design Contest
3. Inspiration
4. Instructional Content
5. General Chat
6. DC

1. General Information

Here you can find information about this community and also advice new ideas for this community to improve. Also if there are any question how the forum works you can find it there, if you can't find the answer don't hesitate to ask. Also there is a online magazine, where you can find news about design or this community. You can also send it news to help this magazine to get more info.

2. Design Contest
Particular most people are drawn to this cause they see all the money signs. But for starters you can't submit your design in the contest where it says Design Team Members Only. Those contest you can only watch and get inspired. But don't steal the designs cause that is not appropriate. Here we need to make total new designs that you have never seen before and also try to do the best.

However in this sections we can enter 2 different contest for starters Non-profit/Charity Contest and Community Contest. These contest we can improve and show your skills. However in the Non-profit/Charity Contest you can already earn a little by winning the contest. But if you win 3 times at the Community Contest you can join the Design Team. Also main rules says you may only submit 3 designs per contest threads. Other information about the contest are found there too.

Really Important!!: All logos on DesignContest.net must be created in vector format.
For further information look at the Guidelines For Creating & Delivering Logos thread.

When submitting the designs make them in a reasonable size and upload it to the web. With flickr.com or imageshack. And post the url to the images between .

3. Inspiration
This is a interesting sections where you can do allot of things too. First you can post threads with site, pictures or other thing that give you inspiration. To help others to get inspired. You can also show off the work you did outside of this contest and community, this could also help you get into the Design Team faster.

Work in Progress. Here you can show things your still working on and want some comment about. Not just thing about the contest, but also for other things maybe schoolwork of other designs. Some people always think they are the best and what they make is best, but this is not always true. So first thing we need to learn is to trust others and ask there comment about your work. This way you know what wrong and learn to look from a different view. So this section might be very helpful when you just can't get whats wrong with your design.

4. Instructional Content

Here you can find new about the industry of Design, new programs and information. The important thing of this section is to help you or others to learn the programs or help if the run into a problem. Here you can ask anything if you don't understand how the programs work. And if you know a cool trick is might be handy to post the guide here so other can learn it too.

5.General Chat
Here you can introduce yourself and also give information about you background. Or talk about just anything or ask anything too.

-Joining Design team
To join the Design team and to be able to compete with all the contest you need to look at this page. DesignContest.net Logo and Website Design Contests. Community of designers and web developers. New contests almost every day!

These are the requirement before you can become a member of the Design Team and to send an application.

1. You must have your own online version of a portfolio

2. You should be a registered member of the Contest Forums

3. You must be an active member of the DesignContest.net community for one week and have at least 10 forum posts

4. You must be able to receive Paypal payments

If you feel you meet the above requirements, please fill out the form. All new applications will be reviewed and processed within 30 days.

If there is anything you want to ask don't hesitate just ask.

#314 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Sounds like you didn't read the requirement for participate in contests don't you xD

however you will need at least 10 forum posts to be able to submit your entry, your posts is "2" which means you cannot submit.

Thanks
i download official canvas .When i submit design to see minimum submit 10 forum post .

#315 kancil_dc

kancil_dc

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

nice info :)

#316 kancil_dc

kancil_dc

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:05 AM

two thumbs up for this website

#317 blackmarker

blackmarker

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

I just joined , but my application not approved yet :s
I have new idea for the Quintessentially Contest but i can not pose it . :(

Agree with you.

#318 subhadiproy

subhadiproy

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

is there anything called "logo court" in design contest?

#319 sidewinder

sidewinder

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for this, It's a really big help, especially for newbies like me. :)

#320 krossculture

krossculture

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

Does anyone know about free sites where we can build our portfolios? I don't have a website yet so I'm not sure how to get an online portfolio....Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users