• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 JasonLarche_Com

JasonLarche_Com

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

Would love feedback, and to know what you guys think.

www.jasonlarche.com

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Ok the cut finger with stitches is too much gore and directly scare off allot of visitors who can't stand at looking at it.

#3 emoryarts

emoryarts

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

Ok the cut finger with stitches is too much gore and directly scare off allot of visitors who can't stand at looking at it.

This was my first stab at my thoughts on it. Kind of freaked me out :D

Also, I know this is purely a personal preference but I don't care for Flash-based portfolios, mostly due to compatibility & load-up issues. If this doesn't bother your progress, ignore it by all means.

#4 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

I have to agree the finger was a turn off -- but I like your work. Very young, commercial designs. Did you create the illustrations on the Circus Scuro posters? Very cool.

#5 sasi

sasi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

wow awesome. ...

#6 JasonLarche_Com

JasonLarche_Com

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:01 AM

The finger comment is cool. I have heard that from a lot of people, but i have also heard praise from some who know about comps, building, and exacto blade cuts. So i still dont know what to do with it, but for now it looks like most people are not the biggest fans of that first image. Thanks for the feedback thus far, keep it rollin'

#7 chveti

chveti

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

I really like overall design of this site.
But please, change this finger for a brand new healthy one - it looks disgusting ;)

And it needs few more fps count i think.

Regards.
My small portfolio *click*
My flickr profile *click*

#8 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

AWESOME work! Enjoy your style a great deal.

Put a bandaid on that finger.

;)

The finger comment is cool. I have heard that from a lot of people, but i have also heard praise from some who know about comps, building, and exacto blade cuts. So i still dont know what to do with it, but for now it looks like most people are not the biggest fans of that first image. Thanks for the feedback thus far, keep it rollin'

Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

#9 Konceptkat

Konceptkat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:55 AM

Minus the Finger,
Excellent work I think it looks great.:)

#10 marieke

marieke

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

I like the finger. I think it's a bit odd but original and young. In my opinion theres alot to say for original :)
I think some of the text is too small though,I had to squint my eyes a few times.

#11 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

I agree with the sentiment about it being entirely Flash-based. As a Flash developer myself, I definitely think Flash has its place on the web, but this... well, I can't see anything in this website that couldn't be done in HTML, save a few transitions that really don't do anything other than make me wait for a menu.

Concerning the finger: let me guess, the people who thought the cut finger was cool were other designers that could relate, yes? Are the clients you wish to gain with this portfolio also designers? If yes, then by all means, keep it--it is clever! If not, then you might want to reconsider.

#12 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

Another opinion that you should get rid of the cut finger.
I do agree that it is something different but definitely not attractive (I am one of those people that cannot stand looking at it - whether designer or not - and would just hit the X button on my browser if I had come upon your site by chance).

Also, I am sure there are other ways emphasize the hard work and dedication; after all this is a designer's website, not a medical one.

You have some very nice works btw :)

#13 stlthriot

stlthriot

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

I agree, take the finger out and it's a great layout. Might be a bit too slow for some, I'm not always too keen on full Flash layouts but always depends on the content and how much there is to navigate through.

#14 JasonLarche_Com

JasonLarche_Com

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

I am sure there are other ways emphasize the hard work and dedication; after all this is a designer's website, not a medical one.

Now that makes me think! Thanks guys for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users