• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

I would say a comment like this makes a good arguement for not trying to create a class system in the first place. why:

1. If the beginners aren't alllowed to compete then they will never pit their work against work done by more experience people and therefor not get the visual incentive to improve.

2. Having everyone participate does allow the contest holder to see more potential designs.

3. The only real benefit of these class designations that I can see is for high ranking people to have better opportunity than those of low or no rank. Sorry to see it that way but your last sentence of the quote seems to suggest this. Obviously if a client had to choose he/she would choose the perceived better artists.

OK that said. I'll sum it up. I really like this community. It has SO MUCH potential. I don't like classist structures though. They fragment communities and create imbalance. I hope you guys decide to reverse this class oriented trend atleast inpart by making the classes less significant as they were before.

That said I hope this doesn't interfere with my own approval process. OOPS there it is again, this inquiry is another example of why class systems can potentially be bad. I felt it might be a mistake to speak my mind about this because I'm beholden to your judgement regarding my app. Don't you want a community that feels free of this predicament?

Thank You. I'm just wanted to make a case for a free and fair process.

I agree with what you have said 100%. It's nice to see my own opinion mirrored in someone else's post!:) Keep it up and you'll be "gold" in no time *g*.(At least with my vote!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users