• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 kutatishh

kutatishh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hi everyone. Just wanted to get feedback on this logo I'm working on for ViewTribe Media. This is a "Web Video Production and Integration" company located in Phoenix, AZ.

#2 vld

vld

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

Could be a good start.
Few suggestions:
- I think you should go with 2-3 colors.
- Make some space between "eye" and "Tribe", and maybe change the font for "Tribe".
- Have you thought of typing "V" in same font as "iev"? Then you could make it follow the direction of the eyelashes...

Cheers!

#3 vdubdesign

vdubdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

My first impression is that there is too much going on. I agree with vld that limiting it to 2-3 colors will make it more solid and more reproducable on things like business cards and letter heads (even web companies need to consider this). I agree that the "V" just doesn't fit as is.

The idea of the eye being incorporated into the text is overall pretty distracting. Perhaps if you came up with a nice graphic that was separate from the text, the logo would not only look cleaner, but would be easy to incorporate into different media promos.

Good Luck!

#4 kutatishh

kutatishh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

This forum is great! Thanks so much for your analysis. I will definitley go through and see how to implement those revisions. Thanks again vld and vdub.

KK

#5 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

Imo - colours are kinda boring, add some contrast.
Then the font used in "tribe" is too standard, there are thousands of unic fonts on the web. Good luck.
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

#6 kutatishh

kutatishh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:51 AM

Could be a good start.
Few suggestions:
- I think you should go with 2-3 colors.
- Make some space between "eye" and "Tribe", and maybe change the font for "Tribe".
- Have you thought of typing "V" in same font as "iev"? Then you could make it follow the direction of the eyelashes...

Cheers!

Hi again.

I've updated the logo with the 2-3 color suggestion. I also changed the V font. The space between View and Tribe I didn't do b/c the name of the company is ViewTribe Media. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks again.

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

You should make the logo without any effects first. Just get a good looking flat design that you are pleased with and the later add more. And not work backwards which use too much time. You should also look at another font for Tribe cause it doesn't fit with the rest of the design.

#8 kutatishh

kutatishh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

You should make the logo without any effects first. Just get a good looking flat design that you are pleased with and the later add more. And not work backwards which use too much time. You should also look at another font for Tribe cause it doesn't fit with the rest of the design.

Thanks Chung. Also, I noticed your animated business cards on your site. Are you making those available for sale? If so how much? Thanks.

KK

#9 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

I think you can try altering the shape of the "V" so that there is a transition of it into the eyelashes (so the V will serve for eyelashes). Half of the work is almost done for that, one of the V's lines almost matches the direction of one of the eyelashes.
I definitely agree with the opinions above that you should change the Tribe's font.
I also don't think you have used these three colors in the best way for the logo. Somehow it is not a whole logo, they only split the different elements and don't really enhance any element.

#10 vld

vld

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

I think it's not a bad idea to use eye but you should find different ways to put it all together.
I agree that the color choice is not good. Maybe red, blue and green?
Make more variations of this idea, try something completely different and make more variations for each one. Then chose the one you think is the best to work on it. That's how I usually work on my logotypes.

Just one tip, when presenting your work leave more white space around it. ;)

#11 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:57 PM

It is for sale but only at the moment the current printer I have will only make them for 2,50 euro a piece and that is without my own design cost. I have few guys looking at producing it in China and shipping it over which would cost much lesser thatn 2,50 a piece.

Also I can produce them on a low cost version at the moment with cheaper materials, which I had done for myself. Which I do everything manually without extra help. Which wouldn't look good because they are with much thinner plastic which flex too much. Plus it is allot of manhours for my to produce because I don't have any special machines.

Will be buying a cutting plotter soon might also look into silkscreening and then I might do a home made production with higher quality plastic. Think you have to wait few weeks till I have time to do all these at the moment I am really busy with school and also few companies.

#12 kutatishh

kutatishh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

Thanks dreamsky, vld, and chung for all the great feedback on the update. All the posts have been really helpful in giving me a better idea of how to achieve the right look and feel. This is my first "real" logo so I'm excited about the help I've received.

I went ahead and did what was mentioned a few times above which was to locate a more unique font, as well as to try a different design. Attached is the alternative I've come up with today.

Chung, will wait to hear more on those animated cards, and hope all works out with getting the machinery to produce them. Let me know of any updates.

Thanks again everyone.

#13 novaworks

novaworks

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

keep up the good work mate
:)

#14 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

Looks like its going the right way. It looks much better and cleaner than the previous versions. You should leave out the whiskers though because I don't think they fit it well with the overal design. You should change Viewtribe to green or half of it to green like the eye.

You should look up some shine or gloss tutorial for Illustrator to get good shine effect instead of using plain gradient effects.

#15 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Looks much better than your first version. Just one suggestion, aside from that of
Chung Dha : make "view" a different color that "tribe", or maybe just a darker shade of grey. Hope that helps.

#16 stlthriot

stlthriot

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Going by the newest version of the logo, I really like the new font for "Viewtribe". Not sure what to think of the eye, maybe without the eyelashes or a different style for them?

#17 kutatishh

kutatishh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear the good feedback! They really liked this version as well (mostly the new font), and I agree about the eyelashes. Thanks again. Will work on the shine fx as suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users