• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 dahlia84

dahlia84

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hi mates,

I was going through an online tutorial (http://www.invano.co...toshop/logo.php) and practicing how to design headphones using PS. I could not understand how the rectangle properly fit with the rounded rectangles. I drew a rectangle and warped it into an 'arc' type and tried to increase the H: from 5.0 to 50 and this is what I ended up with (please see attached). It looks horrible at the right end. Left corner is ok though. Anyone know how can I make the arc shape properly fit with those two rounded rectangles?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Dahlia.

#2 vld

vld

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

First, you should draw those three elements on three separated layers, and draw it normally (with no rotation).
Second, select those three layers with selection tool, and align (see the picture).
Then rotate the whole thing.

Good luck ;)
  • NancyCarter likes this

#3 dahlia84

dahlia84

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

Mate, thanks for your reply.
I am sorry but I don't think that answered my query :(
I did create all those shapes in separate layers. Aligning them is not a problem for me either. My only problem is...

the right side corner. The part which is connecting my bent rectangle ('arc') and the rounded rectangle. This connecting part is perfect at the left corner but not at the right corner
  • NancyCarter likes this
Cheers,
Dahlia.

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

If you made it in illusrator and not in photoshop I advice you to look at the smart guides which you can set your own personal angle alignment in the preference menu.

For photoshop I advice using the guidesline or just nudge them till you think it is on the right place (move them manually).

#5 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

Good reply! You are so helpful to include a screen capture.

First, you should draw those three elements on three separated layers, and draw it normally (with no rotation).
Second, select those three layers with selection tool, and align (see the picture).
Then rotate the whole thing.

Good luck ;)

Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users