• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

I am making a logo for a small local company called Mount Beacon Consulting. They help people get loans. Any way they just gave me a description of what they want it to look like. They didnt give any ideas of what they want it to stand for and all so and im an amature so im kinda confused.... But this is my start.... Ideas please! help! Thanks so much everyone (yes im goign to get rid of that highlight probably

Posted Image

#2 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

Perhaps play with a combination (not a literal interpretation) the concepts of a mountain and a beacon / lighthouse. I would recommend working in black and white (no grays) this helps you narrow in on the design elements. Most well known logos are just as recogizable and effective in just black. Also remember to check your design at either business card or business check size. You'd be surprized at how much detail is lost in small sizes, yet those sizes are crucial! White on black doesn't shrink down as small or legibly as white on black. Remember also that there is a large populous that require reading glasses or struggle to read small print, especially reversed out.

Hope this helps.
Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

#3 raju.03kumar

raju.03kumar

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

I am making a logo for a small local company called Mount Beacon Consulting. They help people get loans. Any way they just gave me a description of what they want it to look like. They didnt give any ideas of what they want it to stand for and all so and im an amature so im kinda confused.... But this is my start.... Ideas please! help! Thanks so much everyone (yes im goign to get rid of that highlight probably

Posted Image

My suggestion, if its logo then have it simple....
have a mountain with a single fill colour and cut out mbc thing from that object. simple and looks good

#4 raju.03kumar

raju.03kumar

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

Perhaps play with a combination (not a literal interpretation) the concepts of a mountain and a beacon / lighthouse. I would recommend working in black and white (no grays) this helps you narrow in on the design elements. Most well known logos are just as recogizable and effective in just black. Also remember to check your design at either business card or business check size. You'd be surprized at how much detail is lost in small sizes, yet those sizes are crucial! White on black doesn't shrink down as small or legibly as white on black. Remember also that there is a large populous that require reading glasses or struggle to read small print, especially reversed out.

Hope this helps.

but this one looks good too, but make that mbc bit more bolder

#5 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:29 PM

Thanks all Ya I think i am going to make it more simple and yes i am aware of the small size! I been checking it at that size!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users