• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:04 AM

I see alot as a free lancer, clients that want a flash site but not to flashy itself.
Here's a simple yet functional site.
http://members.shaw....e_template.html

Let me know what you think!

Peace

Thx All!

#2 RussellClow

RussellClow

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:48 AM

Thats quite cool. Very basic and simple, but like you said, functional. I think the text looks quite big though, maybe a bit too big :o Nice though
RTC PRODUCTIONS - Web Design at its Best!

#3 bigyou

bigyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:34 AM

I get a page not found message ... :(

#4 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:56 AM

Yeah sorry changed the name after I took Russels advice the txt was too big. Link is fixed.

#5 bigyou

bigyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:17 PM

It looks nice. I would just try a spot color for the background of the title instead of a gradient because to me, it feels like ot was just thrown out there. And work the typo for your.com, the y looks bizzare.

Hope this helps !

#6 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

Im Not sure what you ment for typo maybe you ment change the font. Anyways this is just a example, not something Im selling. I use this to show others that flash can be simple and fuction.

#7 vidiotscreative

vidiotscreative

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:45 PM

I personally think Flash is highly misused on the Internet these days, and a main reason why I try to get any of my clients to stay away from the 'ideas' they have in their head...because simply put, a lot of times they just aren't logical.

Embedded graphics with flash used the right way is the best way to do things if you ask me. Sites which are done in nothing but flash just really bother me and usually don't even get viewed by me for longer than a quick glance.

Its like artists who overdo paintings or people who overdetail their cars...sometimes the subtle flash mixed within powerful graphical content and information is the best way to go.

Just my view on it...Flash is asked for way too often by clients who just don't get it.
---------------
Interactive Designer
www.placidminds.com

#8 RussellClow

RussellClow

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

Embedded graphics with flash used the right way is the best way to do things if you ask me. Sites which are done in nothing but flash just really bother me and usually don't even get viewed by me for longer than a quick glance.

Theres no way you can say to me that you dont stay and look at www.2advanced.com or www.realityslip.com . Full flash sites, absolutly awesome imo.
RTC PRODUCTIONS - Web Design at its Best!

#9 vidiotscreative

vidiotscreative

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:44 AM

Actually...I think I just did.

;) :eek:

I have never looked at the entire 2advanced site.

Probably great work, but nothing of interest to me because its a bunch of bells and whistles that (in my opinion) there is no need for to accomplish the same task, and much quicker. I don't find waiting for all kinds of movement which is irrelevant to the sites content an enjoyable or efficient experience.
---------------
Interactive Designer
www.placidminds.com

#10 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

Blu I's site is nice looking and functional. I agree with vidiotscreative.

I wouldn't look at the 2advanced or realityslip sites even if I had a fast connection instead of dialup. Splash pages (like 2advanced) with no content and instructions about what browsers, resolution, etc. to use are considered annoying by most people. The other site (realityslip) looks like the designer was trying to make the page as unreadable as possible with flashing text, tiny type, and minimal contrast (pale gray on white). Maybe there is some good stuff inside the sites, but the index pages make me leave without waiting to find out.
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

#11 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

Hmm I like where this thread is going and my point was kinda like what vid is saying.
The site I use here for a example is a extreme one, but it shows the point that just cause your using flash doesnt mean you have to use every bell and wisle. I actually like drawing more with flash then I do designing sites.
Here's some examples that were drawn only in flash.

http://members.shaw.... Work/logo.html
http://members.shaw.ca/mysticmagic/Works/Flash%20Work/caricature.swf

Peace!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users