• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:11 AM

well... it's gone through a lot of rewrites but here's what it looks like so far. my personal fav. is the lower right one. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Edited by Rockhart, 05 May 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#2 gdeetan

gdeetan

• Designer
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

are those lettters "A" and "L"?

I'd go with the all caps text. Try adding a little color.

#3 Dongerz

Dongerz

• Designer
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

well... it's gone through a lot of rewrites but here's what it looks like so far. my personal fav. is the lower right one. Any thoughts would be appreciated... [ATTACH]6035[/ATTACH]

Hi Andrew,
When I first glanced the A looked like an artist easel. Might be kinda cool to take it further that way so you have more of a representative Icon. Just a thought.

Also I agree with gdeetan. Lower case L looks like an I. A splash of color would be great.

#4 blackbelt135

blackbelt135

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

I would DEF try and work w/ a capital "L" instead of lowercase. Also because the "A" is capitalized. You want to keep it consistent, especially because a capital "I" looks like your lowercase "l". (At least an I w/ no serifs)

#5 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

It seems like it gives too much preference to the "A"...I don't think I would have read it "AL"

Edited by jecrt, 18 February 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#6 blackbelt135

blackbelt135

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

It seems like it gives to much preference to the "A"...I don't think I would have read it "AL"

x2

#7 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hey everybody thanks for all the replies. I'll try playing around with the capital "L" but I also like the fact that the "A" is the main focus :D I'll post some revisions later this week and possibly some different color options too

#8 blackbelt135

blackbelt135

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

I'm not sure why you like the A to be the main focus. I typically think if anything, the last name is as important, if not more important than the first name. Regardless, if I were to give any good criticism, in my opinion, I would suggest you should try making a logo w/ 3 initials, "ALD". That way it's more for your actual site and not just your name. After all, the website address is "AndrewLockhartDesign.com", not ANDREWlockhart.com. Know what I mean? Might be worth trying and see what you can come up with. I do think you should keep the sans-serif font though. Looks clean and modern...like your site. :)

#9 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

bottom left

I like the simplicity of the logo

..and I don;t think many people care at all if the A has more importance or the other way.. it's a logo, it can be in whatever shape as long as it's easily remembered

Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition.[/quote]

#10 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

[quote name='brian_lsf']bottom left
Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition.[/quote][/QUOTE]

that's true. And with a large "A", I guess I'm not seeing how that can be recognized as Andrew Lockhart Design. Your last name is actually very visual - it seems like the logical choice would be to make a graphical representation of that, rather than to use initials. Even if it's something as literal as a lock and a hart/deer combined into an icon. I would think something along those lines would offer MUCH better recognition than a large A.

Ultimately, it's your logo - so you can do whatever you want. If you market it enough, people will make any connection you want them to make.

just my two cents.

#11 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Blackbelt135 - well in all honesty the only reason design is on there (besides that it alludes to my profession) is that the domain AndrewLockhart.com is owned by somebody else. and a logo w/ "ALD" would just be to weird to figure out :) I'd be better off going w/ an image like Jerct suggested

Jerct - yeah I've thought about coming up w/ a logo that personifies my last name... it's just never looked all that good :D (or all that professional)

brian_lsf - Thx!

Ok here's a new sheet... w/ a bit of color too! I think i'm going to stick to shades of gray and black for my logo, maybe a gradient... 3a's my fav. right now

Edited by Rockhart, 05 May 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#12 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

sounds good

Edited by jecrt, 20 February 2009 - 01:25 AM.

#13 Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*

Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

3b for me! The "L" legs thickness go together with the "A" legs thickness, so the balance is better. And please, use the same color/gradient you are currently using in your avatar, it looks great!

Honestly, it is one of the best looking logos I've ever seen!

#14 max4999

max4999

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

the first one on the top row is better than the lower right. coz it makes the concept much clearere, the the lower one confuses whether it is L or I

#15 blackbelt135

blackbelt135

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

That's one heck of a compliment!

#16 T Graphics

T Graphics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

Haha sure is!

That's one heck of a compliment!

Personally I like the bottom middle but use the colour from bottom right.

#17 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

blackbelt135 - Yeah it is :D

ok i decided to go w/ the consensus and here's the color version of 3b... the black and gray version is my avatar right now. if you guys have any suggestions nows the time!

Edited by Rockhart, 05 May 2009 - 03:42 AM.

#18 T Graphics

T Graphics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

blackbelt135 - Yeah it is :D

ok i decided to go w/ the consensus and here's the color version of 3b... the black and gray version is my avatar right now. if you guys have any suggestions nows the time!
[ATTACH]6069[/ATTACH]

My only other suggestion might be to shave a little of the bottom. I think it's kind of high. That's a subjective suggestion though, objectionably I think the design works well. I really like it alot more now with the colour in it. It would be nice to see it with your full name beside it and see how if flows. Good job though!

#19 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:46 AM

the red reminds me of the adobe logo

i'd personally go with a blacknwhite version with a thin stroke..
something like this maybe: http://img523.images...27/74438602.jpg

#20 nsenarathne

nsenarathne

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

true. its like adobe logo. use different colour. letter L is not prominent. try some other ways. but i like ur simplicity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users