• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mbleigh

mbleigh

Platinum Designer

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 07:07 AM

I'm not sure how many of you watch TV (much less American TV), but I have found lately that there are a bunch of excellent shows, and wanted to share with you some of my favorites:

Animated
Family Guy
South Park
Futurama
The Simpsons

Comedy
Arrested Development
Malcolm in the Middle
That 70's Show

Drama/Crime/Detective
Monk
Oz
Sopranos
Touching Evil
Smallville

Non-Fiction
Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

Hmm, that's a start anyways.

#2 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:13 PM

Hi Michael,

We have something in common... at least you and my fella do! He was in agony over the long contract James Gandolfini had that resulted in missing a season of the Soprano's. Now that they've killed off Adriana... who's next? Seems the family keeps getting smaller and smaller, doesn't it?

Like you we also Penn & Teller's Bullshit! Seems to be a lot of that going around! ;)

Since we live in the Bluff Country along the Mississippi, we don't get network TV. We could get it on cable but instead we have a dish and get the cable channels on satellite. (It's a cyber world!)

We're sci-fi and crime junkies. StarGate SG One is a regular at our house as are Star Trek and Babylon 5 (when we can find 'em!). We're also regular viewers of Law & Order, American Justice, Cold Case Files and City Confidential.

#3 Plexus

Plexus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:29 AM

I don't watch Sopranos, Oz or Smallville (I don't have HBO and as a general rule, I don't watch WB). But aside from that, you've basically made a list of my favorite shows currently on TV. (Just add a couple gems in syndication [Dharma and Greg & Third Rock From the Sun] and King of the Hill)

#4 Derek

Derek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:06 AM

I enjoy the Simpsons, and as far as Comedy goes, I prefer "Just for Laughs". :p

#5 caio-06

caio-06

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

The Animateds that you mencioned I like them too, I enjoy Malcolm too, two programs that I used to see was X Files and Ally mcbeal.. but they stopped and I really dont like the new Fox programs.. I like just for laughs too they are very good =P

#6 mbleigh

mbleigh

Platinum Designer

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

I ought to add to my list the new Fox show "The Jury" from the creators of Oz. It's good stuff.

Also the Graham Norton Effect on Comedy Central.

#7 Lord_Gandalf

Lord_Gandalf

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:16 PM

Well in terms of a sitcom, if past shows count The Cosby Show gets my #1 vote... Best show ever aired.

#8 Imagenesis

Imagenesis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:18 AM

i watch seinfeld, law and order:special victims, csi:miami, simpsons, arrested developement, malcom in the middle, and the david letterman show sometimes...i dont have cable :(

#9 Vicki

Vicki

• Designer
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Charmed...hehe, I'm such a teenager.

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:33 PM

I am not in the States and I don't get to watch US TV shows regularly. But once I saw South Park I fell in love with its sarcastic humour!

Also a friend of mine sent me a number of shows called Moyers in conversation. It was right after 9/11 and as you can imagine was devoted to this subject. It was very impressive. I was shown once again that America is not a nation of rednecks and that there are many thinking and insightful people out there!

#11 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:56 PM

I was shown once again that America is not a nation of rednecks and that there are many thinking and insightful people out there!

Not true LOL. These people are actually Canadians who live in America, there is no such thing as an insightful American ;)

J/K everyone!
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:02 PM

well, we are getting offtopic, but that's true. There were a lot of people in this show of different origins. But what the heck! both Canada and America are nations of immigrants, isn't it true? :)

#13 em.e

em.e

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:13 PM

Animated
Family Guy
Futurama
The Simpsons

Comedy
Malcolm in the Middle
That 70's Show
my wife and kids
arcording to jim
george lopez
reno 911
cranck yankers
(alot of comedy central

Drama/Crime/Detective
law and order(all of them)
csi
cold case
without a trace

Late Night
Jay Leno
Letterman
Jimmy Kimell

#14 40ozGraphire

40ozGraphire

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:51 PM

Yeah I'm alllll about Family guy!!! Its just the best cartoon ever... I also like Soprano's and all that!

#15 sixmode

sixmode

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:29 AM

Family Guy, Futurama and Smallville. All time favorites. :)

#16 Davidson

Davidson

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:29 AM

You definatly forgot the BEST station ever! G4TechTV, use to be TechTV a few months ago but then they merged with G4TV and it all went bonkers. But there are still the 2 best shows comming back in September which is Call for Help with Leo Laporte and The Screen Savers with Kevin Rose and Patrick Norton

#17 LoriL1212

LoriL1212

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:12 AM

Hi Michael (and all),

I don't have "much" time for TV - but NEVER miss the Sopranos when it is showing :D I don't like any of the Animated stuff - only the stuff my kiddos watch, LOL! Not much into the comedies either, but like Oz and Six Feet Under too....

Guess Im an HBO gal :)
Lori @ Zenful Creations
What is YOUR internet business reputation?
Check my iKarma

#18 Extirpate

Extirpate

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:54 PM

simpsons
csi
sportscenter
law and order
any cop show like listed above

#19 cgrossi

cgrossi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:38 AM

mine are pretty much the exact same as mbleigh and em.e's lists, those are all great shows
++Portfolio++ under construction
++email++ [email protected]
++MSN++ [email protected]
++AIM++ cgrossi2003

#20 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:18 PM

The only two American shows i really like at THIS moment are Friends and the Simpsons. I ofcoarse know friends isn't really recent anymore since the last episodes have been aired already and the fun was a little gone since it's tunring into a soap more than into a comedy in the last few series, but nevertheless, great show. At this moment iam rewatching every friends episode from beginning to end on dvd :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users