Remake of a Classic

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 xValentynex

xValentynex

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

I am going to do digital media and I really want to do movies and VGs. I want to remake the movie Tron. I found out last night that they are tryin to make Tron 2.0, but looking at how bad the cast (or lack there of since apparently no one is playing tron) that it will forever stay in production.
What do you guys think about Tron, and the height of the CG in 1982 haha
i love this movie

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

Since I was about 10 yrs old when it came out. I absolutly loved it. and for it's day had great effects (for being a 10 yr old).
If I were to watch it today, I'd probably be bored with it (just cause of it's age).

Ven Diesel as Tron.. hahaha..

I'm sure there are some really talented new actors that would jump at the op. but film makers always want that "star". I don't think the public is really that motivated by which star is in the movies now days as long as the film is put togeather well and marketed REALLY Well.

#3 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

I don't think the public is really that motivated by which star is in the movies now days as long as the film is put togeather well and marketed REALLY Well.

totally agree - I think marketing plays a bigger role than ever before in movies. I kinda prefer seeing movies with actors I'm NOT that familiar with (certain exceptions, of course).

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

Found this today Tron Legacy -- The Official Site and Tron Legacy Release Date | Movieline

Just remembered someone hear was talking about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users