• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Now that I have your attention. maybe some of the elite will participate (other than the norm)..LOL ;)

I haven't posted anything up for a while now. So figured I'd go through some images and see what I could post up for some feedback.

Found this one. I really like the image but haven't done much w/ the text maybe a minute on kerning it some, and other than what's noticable.

So give me your thoughts on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coy, 23 June 2009 - 04:38 PM.
change the title

#2 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

ahahahaha nice title :p as for the logo I really like the B&W version... maybe try playing around with flat colors and not the 3-d effect?

#3 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:20 AM

I like the black and white version the best - but I don't get a unified feel from it. I get what you were doing with the circle/sphere - kind of creating a visual anchor, but it doesn't really connect with the other two shapes. But - without it - they're really spread out.

Personally, when using a sort of abstract symbol, I try and pull the symbol in as much as possible. I usually think of it like a person - I don't like to have the arms/legs just dangling out there. I prefer it to be all tucked up in a ball.

I'm sure that explanation was a little crazy, but that's what I always thinking about when working through symbols.

#4 Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*

Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, forget the 3d effect stuff, go for flat colors. And if you want more than one color in the symbol, put some nice contrast on it.

The font from the last image is pretty terrible, and has nothing to go with the symbol, they have totally different styles.

I still am not right if I get the symbol. I'ts a musical symbol that forms a "R" with that other stroke, right? If that's the case, I think you could draw them more geometricaly (does that word exists?), classy.

#5 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

I actually like the 3D look of the shapes that make up the R, but I'm wondering how that would look on a flat circle instead of a sphere.

I agree with Gerhard Schlee, the font in the last image really doesn't go with the image.

Just some thoughts...you're off to a good start!
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#6 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:28 AM

yahhh.. You SUCK!!! lol. :p You scared me from head to toe . Now I got your attention too, let me give you a positive criticism.

First, I think that logo is for a mobile content service company selling some ringtones or maybe a company in am music industry selling songs or applications for iTunes.

The pale blue looks like a question mark while the green looks like a clock hand. I know it's a musical note symbol?

Overall, it doesn't clearly represent the 'R' that you want to portray and the circular background doesn't tune. The color combination at the top is a bit dull, while the pink one is retro, but it reminds me of 'Nyonya' or 'Nonya' cuisines and their ceramic decorations.

#7 max4999

max4999

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

i liked the last one, coz it is looking very lively! the grayscale one is very simple, so dont finalize it. as far as my choice is concerned i liked 2nd one and last one!

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

ahahahaha nice title :p as for the logo I really like the B&W version... maybe try playing around with flat colors and not the 3-d effect?

Thanks still not getting to many elite in here thought.
I'll try playing w/out the 3d. thanks

I like the black and white version the best - but I don't get a unified feel from it. I get what you were doing with the circle/sphere - kind of creating a visual anchor, but it doesn't really connect with the other two shapes. But - without it - they're really spread out.

Personally, when using a sort of abstract symbol, I try and pull the symbol in as much as possible. I usually think of it like a person - I don't like to have the arms/legs just dangling out there. I prefer it to be all tucked up in a ball.

I'm sure that explanation was a little crazy, but that's what I always thinking about when working through symbols.

It's really not suppose to be unified since "are"tunes is kind of an open question. (if that made any sence I'd be surprised)

great explanation and thanks for the info.

Yeah, forget the 3d effect stuff, go for flat colors. And if you want more than one color in the symbol, put some nice contrast on it.

The font from the last image is pretty terrible, and has nothing to go with the symbol, they have totally different styles.

I still am not right if I get the symbol. I'ts a musical symbol that forms a "R" with that other stroke, right? If that's the case, I think you could draw them more geometricaly (does that word exists?), classy.

Yes the music note and question mark make up an "R" and I think the work is geometrical? (i'm not sure either) lol.

Thanks

I actually like the 3D look of the shapes that make up the R, but I'm wondering how that would look on a flat circle instead of a sphere.

I agree with Gerhard Schlee, the font in the last image really doesn't go with the image.

Just some thoughts...you're off to a good start!

I may just loose the speher all togeather if I stick w/ the 3d version. but so far you're the only fan of it. LOL

Thanks

yahhh.. You SUCK!!! lol. :p You scared me from head to toe . Now I got your attention too, let me give you a positive criticism.

First, I think that logo is for a mobile content service company selling some ringtones or maybe a company in am music industry selling songs or applications for iTunes.

The pale blue looks like a question mark while the green looks like a clock hand. I know it's a musical note symbol?

Overall, it doesn't clearly represent the 'R' that you want to portray and the circular background doesn't tune. The color combination at the top is a bit dull, while the pink one is retro, but it reminds me of 'Nyonya' or 'Nonya' cuisines and their ceramic decorations.

never saw the clock hand in there but I can now.. thanks..

I'll look up Nyonya or nonya..

Thanks for your feed back :D

i liked the last one, coz it is looking very lively! the grayscale one is very simple, so dont finalize it. as far as my choice is concerned i liked 2nd one and last one!

Looks like everyone but one person likes the flat version instead of the 3d..

I made this almost a year ago (10 months maybe), when I started re-learning Illustrator, this self lesson was using 3d, some shading and mask tool. I have some other but thought this one was a little more unique and could get some good discussion going.

Thanks everyone. please feel free to add more to this.

#9 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

Its definitely Unique I think it could use a little refinement. The symbols that create the "RT" may be a little difficult for a normal person to see. I do see a question mark and I see the music note that you extended. I do not think people will see the T as much as they will see the R so probably you can get rid of the extended note and work of the original form of the symbol. The most pleasing one is again what the majority have said, the black and white one with the circle. I understand what you are trying to do but I think maybe making the circle more organic like the other shapes may help it a bit, meaning varied weight in stroke because Jecrt is right it does not seem like the way it is right now it does not connect with the other shapes.

I will agree with the rest of designers in here, flat colors are the way to go.

Can't wait to see revisions ;)

#10 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

Jecrt is right

I agree whole-heartedly!

#11 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

Its definitely Unique I think it could use a little refinement. The symbols that create the "RT" may be a little difficult for a normal person to see. I do see a question mark and I see the music note that you extended. I do not think people will see the T as much as they will see the R so probably you can get rid of the extended note and work of the original form of the symbol. The most pleasing one is again what the majority have said, the black and white one with the circle. I understand what you are trying to do but I think maybe making the circle more organic like the other shapes may help it a bit, meaning varied weight in stroke because Jecrt is right it does not seem like the way it is right now it does not connect with the other shapes.

I will agree with the rest of designers in here, flat colors are the way to go.

Can't wait to see revisions ;)

Thank you for your imput. I'll probably play around w/ it some this weekend.

I agree whole-heartedly, with whatever Coy does!

Yep. :)

• Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

I am closing this thread. I think it has got it's dose of attention from EVERYBODY :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users