Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Just try a cool free website builder to build my website, need inspiration.

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 drickz

drickz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

I just start designing this site two days ago, but with a limited choices from the web builder, I'm a bit confused what I need to add here and there.Need feedback and idea please.

Wix.com - Website built by Drickz based on The Showroom

#2 madelikethis

madelikethis

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

I just start designing this site two days ago, but with a limited choices from the web builder, I'm a bit confused what I need to add here and there.Need feedback and idea please.

Wix.com - Website built by Drickz based on The Showroom

Try making your navigation text bold so it stands out more...check the website in different browsers...it isn't working well in Safari 4, for example. It looks a little pasted together. Try doing a screenshot of what you have and bringing it into Photoshop and then experimenting with different backgrounds behind your "Brief Introduction" text. The one you currently have has nice colors but it makes it a little hard to read your title.

#3 gdeetan

gdeetan

• Designer
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:42 AM

the hover state on the menus needs some word, the black on gray isn't good, I can barely read the text. Also try to align the footer, its off by a couple of pixels

I guess there are limitations to what design you can use, so better if you study CSS to really be able to get creative, but thats another topic altogether.
Online Portfolio - Still a work in progress

#4 perkinshb

perkinshb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:46 AM

Wix.com is great for people who want to primarily work in flash. You can do some real neat things there. and its free!

#5 Euphoria

Euphoria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

If I were you I wouldn't use Wix, in my experience they end up looking very childish (I can't see them on this laptop so I don't have a clue what yours looks like though). If you want a flash website without going through the learning curve of flash, you should try Adobe's new program Flash Catalyst (google it), the beta 1 is out right now, and I've found it to be really good for great looking, simple flash sites.
Please take the time to visit my portfolio and PM me with any feedback!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users