• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Imagenesis

Imagenesis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:41 PM

i was just wondering about portfolios..if you dont win a contest but you do place entries in it...do you guys ussually put the entries into your portfolio?
Because i was thinking of making a portfolio but i wasnt sure if it would be "legal" to put just "gif or jpg" images of potential sites..?

#2 Logistikal

Logistikal

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:41 AM

I don't think there would be anything wrong with it. I would put it in my profile if it was something that I was really happy with. Put to be safe, I would probablly put down a title like: Coceptual Design work done for company x.
Design with standards.

#3 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:45 AM

I put all my entries in my portfolio - after all, it is my most recent work and should be seen by potential clients.

As a precaution, you should just put in your portfolio that some/all of these works were created as entries in design contests at designcontest.com, and therfore were never used or sold.

It is your work, so there is nothing illegal about it - if you wish to be safe, just change/remove the name of the company in the entry.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#4 Lord_Gandalf

Lord_Gandalf

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:50 PM

You most certainly can include it in your portfolio unless other wise told by the client.

In "Professional Terms" it is referred to as a proposal and you normally include that term in your portfolio so people browsing are aware that the client in the portfolio is not actually your client, you just proposed it to them.

#5 Imagenesis

Imagenesis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:31 PM

ahhh..thnx a lot guys...that helped a lot :)

#6 ThielenDesigns

ThielenDesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:54 AM

You can design an entire new website for Nike if you'd like. It's called spec work. It would actually be illegal for them to use it with out your consent (Unless it was for internal use only). Likewise, your website design is for your use only and demonstrates your capabilities as a designer. If Nike likes it, more power ,and money, to you. :)

#7 Derek

Derek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:56 AM

Yes, it would only be fair that you'd be able to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users