Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Year 2012 is coming. What do you think about it?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#41 tipeapablo

tipeapablo

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

well... is not that bad.... you can use the date to your advantage.
For example
If my girlfriend wants to get mary i will tell her yes and set the date to 2013 :D

#42 Unkei

Unkei

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:10 AM

Nothing. Just another year. Like 2000, 2001 etc

(and that movie was boring ****)

#43 salmatb

salmatb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

I think it is going to be a very interesting year especially because scientists have all these ideas about natural disasters in 2012.

#44 Raivis Petersons

Raivis Petersons

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

What must it will happen.
But i think everything will be ok. Another end of world that we must survive. I hope Bruce will save us. :D :D :D

#45 NDHdesign

NDHdesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

I think it'll be a great year for design!!!

#46 Red Herring

Red Herring

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:00 AM

another year with no earthly upheavals that are un-expected. The world is ending these past few years as the damage gets worse and worse..I don't see the grand finally in 2010. ;)

#47 cartebleu

cartebleu

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:52 AM

cool! but i don't care what happen in 2012.
we all have same experience about 1999.

#48 Natasa37

Natasa37

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

who knows what will happen... but i think something will, look at all this natural disasters around us, they are getting bigger (casualties) and more frequent... but for me the glass is half full, so live it up and if must, go with the BANG ;)

#49 TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

I think the facts are too stacked against us and ancient cultures have been correct about too many things in history. I am just living my life to the fullest and hoping 2012 does not come true!

#50 contracept

contracept

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

It all smells like another Y2K wind up

#51 Simplest

Simplest

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Visualize to materialize.

Believe in it and you give it a chance.

#52 elarson

elarson

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

It'll be followed by 2013

#53 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

well... is not that bad.... you can use the date to your advantage.
For example
If my girlfriend wants to get mary i will tell her yes and set the date to 2013 :D

HAHAH! That's funny. My daughter keeps asking me when I am going to teach her to drive... I'll tell her "In 2013". :D
:) Brandy

#54 macriciox

macriciox

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Personally, i think the end of the world comes to every one of us, in this moment: when we die or pass away.

So God have a personal version of 2012 for everyone of us.

Sorry for my english too (i hope my thought can be understanded), i´m still learning.

Thanks.

#55 joekong

joekong

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

Well, it is just too close to end the world haha... I remember my sister told me that there will be doomsday coming written in the bible.. Any ideas? :)

#56 obakesan

obakesan

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

zombie apocalypse! hopefully not. We'll see when it gets here but I pray it is a year that creates a monumental positive change in humanity.

#57 dnayak

dnayak

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

As per myself.. totally unsure coz its yet to come.. so the way i say.. Go Live Full and Enjoy every second u got... whatever is to happen will happen... Just roll on ... :)

#58 glassfairy

glassfairy

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

if corruption and pollution stop then sure no threat

#59 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

Brandy I have to say I agree with your mom on this issue.. poles will shift, wheather and climate will change... but my hope is that the parts of the human brain that are not used will be activatived. I think that would be something interesting to see.

I have always been curious of why we have parts of our brain.. (a large percentage) that are not used. why NOT? this is the biggest question in the universe for me and I hope that in 2012 the answers will be clear.

Maybe my spelling and math skills will improve...LOL

#60 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:33 AM

Will the world end in 2012? Well let’s break down 5 possible reasons why 2012 will not be the end of the World as we know it.

Remember the Y2K scare? Everyone and their momma’s were bracing for a worldwide computer crash that could’ve set off nuclear missiles, ending life on earth, but nothing happened. Why? Because of adequate planning and analysis of the situation?

NASA scientists have studied Earth long enough to know this. The world will not end on Dec. 21, 2012 despite what the Mayan calendar shows us.

Here’s 5 reasons why:

1. Just like Y2K, 2012 has been analyzed as well and the science of the end of the Earth has been studied thoroughly. So when asked if the Mayan calendar is true, here’s what scientists at NASA have to say:

“Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then, just as your calendar begins again on January 1, another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.”

2. When asked could some kind of phenomena occur where planets align in a way that could impact Earth, Nasa says no, not in the next few decades anyway.

“There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.”

3. Will Planet X or Eris approach the Earth and threaten our planet with destruction?

“Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye. Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles.”

4. When asked if the Earth is in danger of being hit by a meteor in 2012? It is unlikely.

“The Earth has always been subject to impacts by comets and asteroids, although big hits are very rare. The last big impact was 65 million years ago, and that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs. Today NASA astronomers are carrying out a survey called the Spaceguard Survey to find any large near-Earth asteroids long before they hit. We have already determined that there are no threatening asteroids as large as the one that killed the dinosaurs. All this work is done openly with the discoveries posted every day on the NASA NEO Program Office website, so you can see for yourself that nothing is predicted to hit in 2012.”

5. Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012? Uhh uhh.

“Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

Convinced yet?

NASA says, “Where is the science? Where is the evidence? There is none, and for all the fictional assertions, whether they are made in books, movies, documentaries or over the Internet, we cannot change that simple fact. There is no credible evidence for any of the assertions made in support of unusual events taking place in December 2012.”

There you have it. Five reasons why the world will not end in 2012!

(sources)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users