&nsbp;

#1 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hello All,

I decided to make a new design such as Design-Concept Website ( I got inspired lately lol), I would like to mention this doesn’t related to DC Team or any other sources, It’s just I Felt a little bored and wanted to share my design experience with everyone and get learned from everyone also. I did not use any images from any other websites or photo stock. Its Just Shapes and colors designed in Adobe Photoshop.

What I wanted from you the most is:
  • Discuss the Color Combination used on this design whether its match or need an enhancement.
  • The overall design.
  • Other suggestions are appreciate it.

Any member/Guest Newbie or a pro would like to give me his/her feedback is welcomed.

Posted Image

To View a Full screen Version Click here

Regards,
-Amr

• Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

nice design, however I feel that too colorful layout will distract the users. I used white and grey colors in purpose - so that the designs stand out more.

#3 robert777

robert777

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

agree^..I like blue in general but there's to much, my eyes are going \ / :))...I like the spotlight idea;)
cheers!
my projects
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback, however it was too shiny almost destruct my eyes from the third look... So basically when it gets formal and a lot of people visiting the site then the clean white design should do the Job I believe.

So the main point here was the Color not the design right?

If so let me know if the White version below is better than the colorful version and why.

Thanks again for your concern, thats really helped me alot.

Posted Image

For a screen view version click herePosted Image

#5 robert777

robert777

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

yeah..definite better, overall design imo looks great but not impressive, think about that;)
my projects
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Thanks robert777 for your feedback

However, I Finally realized that the impressive layout is taking a short-time impression then be replaced with something else. Like resurepus said, he did the white and gray in purpose, Although the current design is not impressive but.... Its readable and comfortable for the eyes.

Thats what made it work with no complaints for all tastes. For an instance if you decide to give a bevel for the spotlight container it will look amazing but it wont match with the overall layout and probably users will get bored after a white, So Simple layout with no bevels or shadows will last for a very long like the DC current website, the current website is not so attractive but its comfortable clean design, and thats exactly what i'm seeking from the beginning of opening this thread.

resurepus: I can see you replaced the "PM's text" with the envelop from my Layout I could sue you for that :p lol:kiddin:

Thanks robert and resurepus for your professional feedback, And from the knowledge I gain.
I owe you guys for this one.

Cheers xD
-Amr

Edited by GoldenZ, 02 February 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#7 waleeddilo

waleeddilo

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

:)

the second one looks much better .. Well .. the icons need a little work..

I like simplicity the most ..!

#8 waleeddilo

waleeddilo

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

hey ..

why don't you try a gray/lined background ..!! just like resurepus mentioned .. such BG gives a professional look .. I guess ..!

#9 TheDeagler

TheDeagler

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

I really like the smooth, bubbly design, and I like the choice of colors (I've always been a fan of blue + orange), but I think there needs to be more orange around. Maybe add some orange contrast to the title bar or something? I also kinda liked the first one - it reminds me of twitter, and happiness. =).

#10 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

Well the First one was my Favorite too, but the 2nd one is actually going to work as most of people prefer clean simple design where you can feel the white background.. no Bevel or 3D work. Just as sample as it could.

Thanks for your comments xD
-Amr

I really like the smooth, bubbly design, and I like the choice of colors (I've always been a fan of blue + orange), but I think there needs to be more orange around. Maybe add some orange contrast to the title bar or something? I also kinda liked the first one - it reminds me of twitter, and happiness. =).

#11 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

Nice designs, especially the last one, although the footer draws too much attention to it, and that's a secondary element of the site.

#12 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Ive done many designs. You have some GREAT ideas. The color is a little much.. kind of overwhelming though.

I think if you went for something more minimalistic you could come up with something even better.

#13 Masterkirkby

Masterkirkby

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

I like the white version as well, I didn't think the blue one took away from the designs too much, but the white does contrast better with the art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users