• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

what do you think of my Celtic inspired angle?

Posted Image

#2 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

hmmmmm its nifty its not my style though

#3 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

I don't have much to say, except... It's AWESOME! I really like it A LOT. I wouldn't change a thing. Really nice work, Coy!
:) Brandy

#4 Gabber

Gabber

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

A bit old school but I like it, i used to draw and sell design like that to tatoo shops back in the days.

Whats its for? a tatoo? or you made it just for fun?

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

hmmmmm its nifty its not my style though

Thanks

I don't have much to say, except... It's AWESOME! I really like it A LOT. I wouldn't change a thing. Really nice work, Coy!

appreciate the comment.

A bit old school but I like it, i used to draw and sell design like that to tatoo shops back in the days.

Whats its for? a tatoo? or you made it just for fun?

Thanks.
Well it was for a challenge to myself really.
I was drawing/doodling and for some reason thought of my mom and one thing leads to another and I just wanted to draw a celtic type of angle or even just wings. I think it'd be a cool tattoo. I think it'd be a pretty cool silver pendent.

I've actually thought of selling this and a couple other designs to tattoo shops in the area. Any insite would be appreciated. :D

#6 Gabber

Gabber

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

I've actually thought of selling this and a couple other designs to tattoo shops in the area. Any insite would be appreciated.

I used to draw a bunch of little to medium size tattoo's on a 11x17 and sell photocopies for 10$ each, 12-15$ if it was in color, but it was more than 10years ago. I sold 20 pages sets to around 15 shops in my province, mostly when i was traveling to cover some of the expenses.

You wont get rich with it tho, (i didnt..) the majority of the shop owners wont want to pay and will try to exchange it for a tattoo, some peircings, or jewelery (which is fine sometime also, if you want a tattoo for dirt cheap)

But now i guess you have to follow the trends, i'm not sure tribal/celtic would still sell well, and tattoo shops do more and more custom work

Edited by Gabber, 12 February 2010 - 01:02 AM.
typos

#7 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Really like it coy,

Looks great I am glad your pushing yourself as well. That will prove very well for you in the future. To give you something to think about.. the line weight on the wings is very heavy. Maybe consider toning it down a little bit. Obviously if its a tattoo image its a little bit different and you may need the heavy weights... but I really think that your doing a great job with this illustration.

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

I used to draw a bunch of little to medium size tattoo's on a 11x17 and sell photocopies for 10$ each, 12-15$ if it was in color, but it was more than 10years ago. I sold 20 pages sets to around 15 shops in my province, mostly when i was traveling to cover some of the expenses.

You wont get rich with it tho, (i didnt..) the majority of the shop owners wont want to pay and will try to exchange it for a tattoo, some peircings, or jewelery (which is fine sometime also, if you want a tattoo for dirt cheap)

But now i guess you have to follow the trends, i'm not sure tribal/celtic would still sell well, and tattoo shops do more and more custom work

Thanks for the info.. Yeah I wasn't planning on getting "rich" just a few extra bucks for lunch or I'd even consider a trade but my tat would be in the realm of $200-$400 depending on the tattooist.

Really like it coy,

Looks great I am glad your pushing yourself as well. That will prove very well for you in the future. To give you something to think about.. the line weight on the wings is very heavy. Maybe consider toning it down a little bit. Obviously if its a tattoo image its a little bit different and you may need the heavy weights... but I really think that your doing a great job with this illustration.

Thanks.. I actually had a version with the lines thinner but I went with the thicker lines to do it in the computer cause it just stood out better on paper. LOL

I could use those thicker lines to help it look 2.0-ish if I really felt the need...LoL

#9 reeni_

reeni_

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

Hmm...it's beautiful.
But, I don't like the wings.
First time I saw it, the body part looked like a dragon fly.

#10 imar183

imar183

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

nice, only the lower part of the somewhat empty :)

#11 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hmm...it's beautiful.
But, I don't like the wings.
First time I saw it, the body part looked like a dragon fly.

Maybe if the points weren't so pointy it wouldn't look like a dragon fly?

I really like it though! Nice job, Coy.

#12 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

thank you all for your comments. maybe I'll try a version with less pointy wings. ;)

#13 sevehn

sevehn

• Designer
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

i literally LOL'ed ... as i read through this thread! hahaha! (officemates had to ask why i was laffing out loud!) ROFL !!!

omgowsssh! - i must say something constructive or else am kapoof! - kidding!

i just wanted to ask ... did you use the pen tool all the time while tracing out your image?

ps: -- i dig the artwork btw!
:D
--
the best is yet to come ~

#14 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

i literally LOL'ed ... as i read through this thread! hahaha! (officemates had to ask why i was laffing out loud!) ROFL !!!

omgowsssh! - i must say something constructive or else am kapoof! - kidding!

i just wanted to ask ... did you use the pen tool all the time while tracing out your image?

ps: -- i dig the artwork btw!

LOL always love your comments. ;)

I not only used the pen tool to trace the lines from the origonal image but I use my mouse and not my tablet. why?

#15 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

I like it! It's very unique for the tribal type of design and design wise, it looks smooth and crisp/clean, which is great! :)

Where do you want to get it tattooed? Do you have any tattoos currently? I have 3 :p

#16 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

I like it! It's very unique for the tribal type of design and design wise, it looks smooth and crisp/clean, which is great! :)

Where do you want to get it tattooed? Do you have any tattoos currently? I have 3 :p

I probably wouldn't tattoo this on myself to feminine for me, I do have another one though in mind though.

I have 3 tat's one is a skull w/ a cowboy and concho hat band about 2" tall?, one of a bull that I drew it's kinda difficult to discribe.. like one sided line art??? and one of my initials that I drew under my ancle that's all but just disappeared.. a friend wanted some practice and didn't get very deep.

#17 sevehn

sevehn

• Designer
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

LOL always love your comments. ;)

I not only used the pen tool to trace the lines from the origonal image but I use my mouse and not my tablet. why?

yeah ... why'd you choose mouse vs. a tablet .... shldnt using a table be easier? as far as controlling? -- also, from ur point of view -- is it easier and does it not also save more time to create the image directly into the tablet (digital) .... rather than in paper? .... (although, drawing on paper does have something that even the tablet cant capture)
:D
--
the best is yet to come ~

#18 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

yeah ... why'd you choose mouse vs. a tablet .... shldnt using a table be easier? as far as controlling? -- also, from ur point of view -- is it easier and does it not also save more time to create the image directly into the tablet (digital) .... rather than in paper? .... (although, drawing on paper does have something that even the tablet cant capture)

actually I'm at work more than home (at least it feels that way LOL) and I can't use the tablet here (not part of my job :( ) it's hooked up to my laptop. So I really haven't had the opportunity to really get good with it.
I love drawing on paper and can do my shading and things like that better than I can with the tablet.
I can sign my name with a mouse so I'm good with it. ;) lol

#19 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

I probably wouldn't tattoo this on myself to feminine for me, I do have another one though in mind though.

I have 3 tat's one is a skull w/ a cowboy and concho hat band about 2" tall?, one of a bull that I drew it's kinda difficult to discribe.. like one sided line art??? and one of my initials that I drew under my ancle that's all but just disappeared.. a friend wanted some practice and didn't get very deep.

Hmm... I never really thought of tribal being feminine, always thought it was more masculine :cool: Only 2"?? Wow, mine seem huge then! I have one on my ankle/leg of a lily (favorite flower and name of one of my old cats) it's about 6"x4". I have one on my back of a retro cat in a star. Then one on my other leg of a shag style cat and flower. WOW, can you tell I like cat's or what?! lol Yeah, tattoos are hard to describe. We should start a thread where people can post pics of their tattoos :D

#20 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:37 AM

start one in the hang out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users