&nsbp;

#1 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

Hello All,

In this tutorial i would like to explain how to convert a Photoshop vector shape in Adobe Illustrator.

1. Open a New documents Lets say 640x480 pX
2. Select the "Ellipse tool" from the Tools on the left and pick up one of the shapes from the "Custom shape tool" on the top bar in my case I choosed the "Seal"

3. Click on the shape 1 vector mask thumbnail to make a gray selection

4. From File>export> paths to illustrator, Now a popup windows "Export paths" will prompt to save your file to xxx.ai

5. Open illustrator and import this file, you will see an empty space! but ofcorse the shape exist , to see the shape hit select all and give it a color, or grident. thats it you got a vector shape converted from photoshop shapes to illustrator.

I used this method because I'm newbie to illustrator, Photoshop was my start! Also you can download hundred of photoshop shapes from alot of sites and convert it to AI to be useble in Adobe Illustrator.

Have fun
-Amr

#2 bandamark

bandamark

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for this useful information, But I think its against the rules to GET Shape or Image from Internet.So I think you need to personalize the shape from its original shape so that it can be original :D

#3 joshvisualfx

joshvisualfx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:47 AM

Vector layer

#4 muzzha

muzzha

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Thanks a lot Golden...

#5 Konceptkat

Konceptkat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Good tut but, If you image is not
hi-res you will get wave lines on
your object when you import the
paths to illustrator. And a hell
of a lot of anchor points.

#6 druml0ver

druml0ver

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

Thanks man....i lot of work to do then.:)

#7 druml0ver

druml0ver

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

i need to save that cuz i steel work how to remember my illustrator lessons...thanks

Hello All,

In this tutorial i would like to explain how to convert a Photoshop vector shape in Adobe Illustrator.

1. Open a New documents Lets say 640x480 pX
2. Select the "Ellipse tool" from the Tools on the left and pick up one of the shapes from the "Custom shape tool" on the top bar in my case I choosed the "Seal"

3. Click on the shape 1 vector mask thumbnail to make a gray selection

4. From File>export> paths to illustrator, Now a popup windows "Export paths" will prompt to save your file to xxx.ai

5. Open illustrator and import this file, you will see an empty space! but ofcorse the shape exist , to see the shape hit select all and give it a color, or grident. thats it you got a vector shape converted from photoshop shapes to illustrator.

I used this method because I'm newbie to illustrator, Photoshop was my start! Also you can download hundred of photoshop shapes from alot of sites and convert it to AI to be useble in Adobe Illustrator.

Have fun
-Amr

#8 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hello Konceptkat,

Actually this tutorial meant for people who start using Photoshop before illustrator, and Also can work with Pen tool in Photoshop more accuracy than the pen tool in Illustrator, Also this tutorial doesn't work with converting image into a path, but its drawing a shape with paths then export your shape into illustrator.

Good tut but, If you image is not
hi-res you will get wave lines on
your object when you import the
paths to illustrator. And a hell
of a lot of anchor points.

#9 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well, using Photoshop premade shapes by others isn't acceptable specially when you use it commercial way. But if you have trouble drawing in Illustrator then use this method in Photoshop pen tool then export your Path in Illustrator.

Thanks for this useful information, But I think its against the rules to GET Shape or Image from Internet.So I think you need to personalize the shape from its original shape so that it can be original :D

#10 maey03

maey03

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

this is useful.

#11 sarahcbear

sarahcbear

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:15 AM

very useful tip here, I wondered how to do this because I also like to use photoshop for logo design instead of illustrator though I do enjoy drawing in illustrator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: http://igiveaway.us/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users