Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

a little question about contests in general!!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

in every guaranteed or not logo contest i see this on the brief:
can i know what these mean??
EXAMPLE:
Wordmark
Posted Image
Pictoral mark
Abstract mark
Letterform mark
Emblem
Character
Web 2.0

what does a CH mean by these styles?? what's the logos inserted represent????any explanation would be really appreciated

aslo what's the best size to use for logos??

Edited by like an angel, 16 March 2010 - 07:50 PM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#2 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

wordmark, pictoral mark, abstract mark, etc... are all different types of logos. The sample logos shown beneath each one is an example of each type of logo.

In the design brief, the CH will choose which types of logos he is interested in. Sometimes they will select all of them, leaving it open to the designers, other times they are very specific in what they want and will only select one or two types of logo designs. However, these are just guidelines and are in no way a limitation.

For logos, you need to design them using vector based graphics, this makes it possible to scale them to any size without losing quality. But, for the logos uploaded to the contest page, you'll need to make a jpeg or .png or your graphic, saved to 640x480 pixels, in RGB mode.

Just as a note, ALL logos entered on DC need to be created using vectors, or they will be deleted from the contest.

Good luck!
:) Brandy

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

wordmark, pictoral mark, abstract mark, etc... are all different types of logos. The sample logos shown beneath each one is an example of each type of logo.

In the design brief, the CH will choose which types of logos he is interested in. Sometimes they will select all of them, leaving it open to the designers, other times they are very specific in what they want and will only select one or two types of logo designs. However, these are just guidelines and are in no way a limitation.

For logos, you need to design them using vector based graphics, this makes it possible to scale them to any size without losing quality. But, for the logos uploaded to the contest page, you'll need to make a jpeg or .png or your graphic, saved to 640x480 pixels, in RGB mode.

Just as a note, ALL logos entered on DC need to be created using vectors, or they will be deleted from the contest.

Good luck!

got it..ty very much :)
can i ask 1 more thing :o is the *.svg is the extension for vector files???
and in case the CH choosen a or wanted some modification on a design how can the person & the ch contact each other !!

♥ Selma ♥

#4 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Hello, like an angel,

Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is a text-based graphics language that describes images with vector shapes, text, and embedded raster graphics.

SVG files are compact and provide high-quality graphics on the Web, in print, and on resource-limited handeld devices

So Yes its vector graphic, you can even edit SVG files in Adobe Illustrator and in General it uses for many things like for instance "Nokia Themes".

If you Just Googled for a sec for the SVG you will find a brief desc about it.

Regards,
-Amr

#5 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:17 AM

I just want to design i dont want to go through all this stuff

Blinxx, we all had to go through the first initial posts, however the rules are there so you actually read the rules and learn what are the expectations of DC. Be careful because if your post are deemed not having relevance you will lose out on your post. It has happened before. I am just looking out for you. You will have plenty of time to design, however if you don't follow the rules here all will be for naught. We are a great bunch of people, there are plenty of topics to reply to and to become part of the community. You can always start your own discussion. I can not wait to see your work I am sure it will be wait worthy..

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#6 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Blinxx, we all had to go through the first initial posts, however the rules are there so you actually read the rules and learn what are the expectations of DC. Be careful because if your post are deemed not having relevance you will lose out on your post. It has happened before. I am just looking out for you. You will have plenty of time to design, however if you don't follow the rules here all will be for naught. We are a great bunch of people, there are plenty of topics to reply to and to become part of the community. You can always start your own discussion. I can not wait to see your work I am sure it will be wait worthy..

hah!! i see u replied in the wrong thread :D

♥ Selma ♥

#7 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

hah!! i see u replied in the wrong thread :D

Now how in the world did that happen? :(

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral