• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

hello every one :)

every comment & critique is welcome.. i made this logo as a propose from me to my friend's work place..
it's just standard idea..hope u can direct me :rolleyes:

BEFORE:

Posted Image

and THANX TO ALL WHO HELPED ME IMPROVING THIS LOGO..THIS IS THE FINAL RESULT

AFTER:

Posted Image

SPECIAL THANKS TO cclark413 :)

Edited by like an angel, 12 April 2010 - 02:34 PM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#2 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

hey, nice concept:D, but you can try using a little bit more stronger colours to achive a better contrast, or to get a thicker font for the 'butterfly', because also the logo in the left is thick:)

Good luck!

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

thank u Gery for the tip..i don't know why i'm always attracted to lighter colors..
& i think u are right about the font..i believe i stretched it alilll too much =D

appreciate ur comment :-)

♥ Selma ♥

#4 bruno.almeida

bruno.almeida

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

perhaps the smallest butterfly and lighter gray box!
try without the antennae and wings further apart.
but is on track!

#5 radmission05

radmission05

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Maybe the fonts is way sharp compare to calmness of the butterfly?

#6 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:07 AM

i made another version in the original post :)

Edited by like an angel, 12 April 2010 - 01:19 PM.

♥ Selma ♥

#7 Matsurika

Matsurika

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

The font seems like it's leaning too much to the right.
I don't think the font is the best for this, something a little less curly, but not as strong as the other font. :)

Hope that helps :D

Edit:
Oh and I like the butterfly! :)
but I agree, perhaps do something a little different with the antenaes

Edited by Matsurika, 05 April 2010 - 01:28 AM.

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

I like the mark.. The text just needs some work.

Since you're wanting to have the text to the right of the mark I'd try to find a font that has the same boldness of the outter box around the butterfly. The text is also to small compaired to the mark. if you placed the text under the mark it'd read better with a smaller text in my opinion.
Hope that helps a little.. when I get more time I'll see how much more I can help out with comments. ;)
  • Gery.M likes this

#9 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

thanx coy & matsurkika :) i appreciate ur comments alot..
i can't find a good smooth font for this one..do u recommend anything ??

♥ Selma ♥

#10 Matsurika

Matsurika

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Just looking on DAFONT myself -- have a look at these :)
Ballpark Weiner
Adine Kirnberg <-- I like this one but it's not completely free
Anke Calligraphic

Just go through these pages It's nice to see and kinda get an Idea of something to use :)

DAFONT LINK

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

thanx for the useful site masturika :)
i fond great font's there ..ty so much

♥ Selma ♥

#12 Matsurika

Matsurika

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Anytime! :) It's why we're here! :D

#13 patrakliski

patrakliski

Banned

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

too many shadows ... for logo I think it must be more conceptual and more simple ... the logo had to print od memorandums , stamps & etc

#14 dit

dit

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

It's very nice, i love these colors, but I agree with patrakliski, too many shadows. Why don't you try to make it black and white and then to color it...that's my way to see if my logo is simple enough:)

#15 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

hello patrakliski & dit thank u for ur comments ..i really appreciate it
i know i may have few mistakes ..still on my way learning LOGO design rules :rolleyes:
i used to work with almost no rules..tell i joined DC ..i really felt the professionalism of those ppl ,learned in few weeks what i didn't know for years & got inspired for sure :)

♥ Selma ♥

#16 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hi Like An Angel!

A couple of things...

I hope you won't take my post as harsh, but I feel with a little modification - you may have yourself a great brand.

First, I would be careful of the overlapping and opacity. I would recommend removing the box around the butterfly and simplifying the shapes creating the butterfly to not be so "full", rather have them separated so that they may look consistent in all possible types of media - especially flat b/w. Right now, you will have issues with the current form. Use the colors that you currently have, but just simplify it. Picture it as a stencil almost.

Second, I like the sans-serif version rather than the script. Rather than kerning out "butterfly" I would kern out "Professional Design Studios" and make butterfly all caps.

Right now, the logo seems to be left heavy, and I would try to balance the logo. Removing the box around the butterfly may help is this attribute. Maybe putting the butterfly centered over your name could help with the balance as well. Or, if you like the icon to the left... just bring the icon down to the height of your name. If you make the kerning suggestions I made, then this will help balance it that way.

#17 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

I took some time to develop what I was talking about to better illustrate....
Hope this helps
[ATTACH]7574[/ATTACH]
  • like an angel likes this

#18 patrakliski

patrakliski

Banned

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:16 AM

well done "cclark"!!! Nice shapes, nice idea "like an angel" this was the right one, I really like the concept and the simplicity of the logo!
once again ... awesome!
design is all around us ....

#19 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi Like An Angel!

A couple of things...

I hope you won't take my post as harsh, but I feel with a little modification - you may have yourself a great brand.

First, I would be careful of the overlapping and opacity. I would recommend removing the box around the butterfly and simplifying the shapes creating the butterfly to not be so "full", rather have them separated so that they may look consistent in all possible types of media - especially flat b/w. Right now, you will have issues with the current form. Use the colors that you currently have, but just simplify it. Picture it as a stencil almost.

Second, I like the sans-serif version rather than the script. Rather than kerning out "butterfly" I would kern out "Professional Design Studios" and make butterfly all caps.

Right now, the logo seems to be left heavy, and I would try to balance the logo. Removing the box around the butterfly may help is this attribute. Maybe putting the butterfly centered over your name could help with the balance as well. Or, if you like the icon to the left... just bring the icon down to the height of your name. If you make the kerning suggestions I made, then this will help balance it that way.

u can't imagine how helpful ur comment was :) thank u so much..i already made other versions of this design but was not as good as urs:rolleyes:..i worked a little with the butterfly and "since u inspired me" i made this one & i made in centered as u suggested ..for change ;)

well done "cclark"!!! Nice shapes, nice idea "like an angel" this was the right one, I really like the concept and the simplicity of the logo!
once again ... awesome!

thank u so much :o a lot of great ppl here helped me with it
thanx all

♥ Selma ♥

#20 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

@ cclark : i still i can't find a font that is good enough..i wanted it not script but yet smooth..i like ur choice of the font cant u tell me what font is that !! :o
or what fonts do u recommend ?

p.s. i wont use ur font for this logo..it's ur taste & ur logo deserves to be ur own.. i couldn't resist the butterfly thou :D.. i just want to know it for future work..bcuz i really like it :rolleyes:

♥ Selma ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users