&nsbp;

#1 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:31 AM

Hey all,

Its been a while since I posted something in the "work in progress" section.
These 2 logo concepts are for a fun run 5k race set up by a non-profit water conservation group. The proceeds of the race are going towards helping maintain and restore a large river and the surrounding ecosystem. They are mostly done and ready to be shipped off for review but I thought I'd put them up and see what you all thought. (Colors aren't really changeable btw)

ok thanks!

Edited by Rockhart, 09 June 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#2 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:45 AM

I really like the feel of the first logo shown, but I think that the type needs to fit more of the proportion of the symbol. In other words, either the symbol should be smaller or the type should be larger. Also, I would not break the name up into two lines, rather just the one...

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

I like the first one better then the "samlon run" concept. also agree the text might look better in one line instead of two. I know (a) is a bit cliche for this type of thing but it does fit/look better. ;) nice work

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

i also liked the first one better..& agree with every one that type needs to be larger & one line!! Not trying to copy opinions here :D but i couldn't really find much to be worked with other than what cclark413 & coy noticed
also u can try different colors for the text !!

in general it's good work :)

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#5 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

Thanks all, I just sent these 2 concepts to the client for feedback so hopefully its good!
Unfortunately the client wants horizontal and vertical versions of the logos. so both of these are vertical versions w/ the text stacked (i just decided to put the 2 vertical ones up for comparison) I do agree that the text on the first one could be better w/o stacking though. as for size of text v. size of image the client wants a larger mark in relation to their text. And like I said before... color pallet is kinda set. thanks for all your feedback though!

#6 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

I know yo ualready sent this to the client, but just wanted to say that i loved the first one xD with those colors and even the stacked text =3

#7 danii

danii

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hi Rockhart. I really like the first image because it gives a feeling of running and speed being loose and horinzontal but i think the text should follow the idea. I find the condensed typeface really static, maybe you could try variations with more horizontal typefaces and i would also play around with the alignment of characters and change some of the letter spacing, maybe the f vertical could align with the I and so on. Tricks like this really give a more organized feel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users