• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

I ran across some cool apps for iPhone users in the design field... anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch might want to check these out, pretty cool!

Oblique Strategies:
Oblique Strategies was a set of postcards published by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt, initially in the 1970's. Each card contains a phrase, or suggestion that may help to overcome a creative block. This App contains five editions of the cards and can be used on both the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Ruler:
Very simply, Ruler is a… ruler and it's on your iPhone or iPod touch. Works in centimetres and inches and can save your latest measurement.

Palettes: Palettes is an iPhone App for creating color schemes. With Palettes, it is possible to sample colors from websites, iPhone photo album images or other color schemes. It will import and export color palettes to and from Adobe Photoshop and supports a number of color modes, including RGB, HSV, HSL and CMYK.

There is also a Lite version of Palettes, which does not cost anything, but has some features removed (such as importing and exporting palettes from Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and other programs.

Things: Things is a productivity application, or task manager. Things allows the creation of to do lists and allows the prioritisation of items. For example lists can be created for items to be done today, next, or at scheduled times or dates. May be useful for freelance and self-employed designers, or those juggling multiple projects at once.

Color Expert:
Another color-based app, which functions by providing a swatch library and interactive color wheel to help enable creatives to select, showcase and identify colors. Color Expert includes various Pantone swatches, web safe and HTML colors. It is also possible to add custom colors and email Adobe Swatch Exchange (ASE) files.

Caliper:
Caliper is another measuring tool for the iPhone, but this App uses caliper jaws to enable measurement. The upper and lower caliper jaws can be moved independently or together and measurements can be taken in pixels, as well as centimetres and inches.

I'm going to download Oblique Strategies now! I'll let you know if it's a good one :p
:) Brandy

#2 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

Very useful apps. The color expert seems particularly useful.

Here's one more I found:

Büro Destruct Designer
If you enjoy generative graphic design, you may just like Büro Destruct’s just released “Designer” app for the iPhone and iPod/Touch. Shake your iPhone to create a virtually infinite number of visual designs. Using only circles, squares and a set of rules, Büro Destruct Designer aims to find you inspiration from color combinations and graphic shapes. Choose either full random colors or apply rules to your color palettes. You can modify your compositions with gestures and the various tools from the menu. Especially neat feature is the ability to save the results and share them by e-mail including the color ref palette.

Gestures:
Shake: Randomize everything
Tap: Draw and erase
Double Tap: Show/hide Menu
Swipe: Randomize grid
Pinch: Resize
Drag with 2 fingers: Move grid

#3 k64

k64

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

I found a usefull iphone app

When you search a typography but you don't know its name.

WhatTheFontjust shoot the typography and the application searches the closest typography in its database.

#4 NHeimstra

NHeimstra

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

A lot of designers also take a liking to photography. Here are a few great photography applications that I really enjoy using:

PSMobile

Mill colour

Best Camera *LOVE this one

Tilt Shift

CameraBag

#5 bzDD

bzDD

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

It's running to catch up with the tecnology. Always new things nee to keep up !
Thank you for the info, they are great!
Give us awareness for new technology coming.

#6 krossculture

krossculture

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:29 AM

So many cool apps - love Camera Bag. Thank you!

#7 latrasis

latrasis

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

Eh... personally i think the iphone is popular simply because of the interface, nothing else - and the marketing of course :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users