• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 OWD

OWD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:59 AM

Hey everyone I'm new here...nobody does flash work here?

still trying to figure out if this is a comunity or a freelancer site......anyway check out my site and sample work.

-Will

:ph34r:
www.Orlando-Webdesign.Net
  • Flash
  • 3D Studio Max
  • HTML
  • PHP
[email protected]

#2 gamedev

gamedev

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:48 AM

its strange, I gotta agree... for a site focused on good design you dont see much of it. Im a fellow flasher too. Keep up the work.

#3 antxtc

antxtc

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 02:50 AM

im a flasher too but i dont know all of the action script so i gues im a learner L

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2003 - 03:25 AM

still trying to figure out if this is a comunity or a freelancer site......anyway check out my site and sample work.

It is actually both. We are a young project and we are in the beginning of the development of this site, but our goal is to build a community of talanted webdesigners and provide them an opportunity to win some cash in the contests.

#5 sampro

sampro

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:11 PM

Hey man !!
Another Flasher is now on too !!
Thank u for checkin'out my website ,..;)
*..Sampro Design..*

#6 OWD

OWD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:04 AM

awsome...glad to see some many responded. Post some links, I would like to take a look at your work. I've been doing flash for about 3-4 years, and I have a little bit of 3d and action script knowledge....I also do html and design work, but flash is my favorite.
  • Flash
  • 3D Studio Max
  • HTML
  • PHP
[email protected]

#7 sampro

sampro

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:47 PM

OWD , ur work is really good !!! Keep going man,..
*..Sampro Design..*

#8 karl472001

karl472001

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:18 PM

Hey OWD. Welcome to DC.net!

I've seen you at ScriptLance bidding on projects I think.

I don't do flash, but I am learning. I do HTML, web design, and swish. Learning javascript and trying to learn php.

#9 Digigamer

Digigamer

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:46 PM

I've been flashing since this summer and am absolutly addicted to it :). I'm in the middle of making a couple websites completely in flash accually. Very nice site btw OWD

#10 phacker

phacker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:38 PM

Freelance Flash Animator here. Just recently found this site. Been having a bit of fun.
Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste".

#11 rtbenson

rtbenson

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

Hey phacker, whats up???

I remember you from the FlashKit competitions before the evil mods had their way.

Anyways, I do a lot of Flash/photoshop. I am pretty good at flash games and websites, but I am sweet at HTML/CSS/JavaScript too.

Thanks,
Brendan

#12 phacker

phacker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:09 PM

Hi RT, it was fun while it lasted at Flashkit. Maybe this place will start generating more interest. I am little afraid to tell other folks about it for fear the competition will get too tough.
Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste".

#13 rtbenson

rtbenson

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:19 PM

LOL hopefully we wont have to battle the likes of Xerxes or p3rpl3xity again!!!

[/hijack]

#14 TheAdept

TheAdept

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 02:52 PM

Originally posted by OWD
Hey everyone I'm new here...nobody does flash work here?

I work with Flash and I'm sure many others here do as well. This place doesn't so much look like a Flash-oriented community, though.
-TheAdept-

#15 OWD

OWD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 05:29 AM

I'm actually really let down by something that happened in my first flash contest here....a contest was ended based on the time zone of the person who started the contest, instead of my time zone...so basicly I did the work and came here to post my final copy and it was closed........ sounds to me like the owner of this site should have some mods built for VB to manage the contests better.....this way I don't waste hours of my time.
  • Flash
  • 3D Studio Max
  • HTML
  • PHP
[email protected]

#16 Sandman

Sandman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:55 AM

Hey im a flasher to lol, (sounds like such a dirty term S:D) anyway, check it out.. maybe you'll like it Flawed Reality

Thanks,

#17 sampro

sampro

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 04:45 PM

Hey the adept i checked ur web site !!! It's cool but there's nothing there ,.. where r sections ??
*..Sampro Design..*

#18 Crazy Bat

Crazy Bat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:45 PM

Well, I was employed as a Web Developer. (using Microsoft's Content Management System, ASP, XML, XSL, boring shit, etc.) I wasn't really happy in my job, but I was getting paid, so I stuck with it for 2 years.

About 1 1/2 years ago, I started playing around in Flash. Did my first animated movie. No Actionscripting, just pencil drawings scanned into flash.

Then, started to play around with the Actionscripting. With the knowledge I gained from my previous job, I'm now dabbling in both the design and the development in Flash. Primarily, using XML to populate the data into Flash. It was a bit of a learning curve, but I was surprised how easy it came with my previous work experience.

Then, lost my job 2 months ago. Now, I'm freelancing and loving it :-) That's all.
Crazy Bat Designs
Home of the phpBB WASO
Helping You Reach The MOST People Possible

#19 oompock

oompock

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, well i am not much of a designer...but i have been learning to program in flash for quite a while now - really enjoy creating and manipulating the virtual space in the flash environment...
i take a lot of inspiration from here:

BIT-101
(go to the laboratory section for the flash stuff)

very interesting things he's got there...
later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users