• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Here are a collection of logos that are considered to be the trends for 2010.
2010 Trends article on LogoLounge.Com

Do you agree? A good logo needs to work in color and/or black & white. Many of these would loose their strength if you need to have it represented in black & white, but would work well for those web only companies.

As a bonus, here are the website design trends for 2010: Web Design Trends for 2010 | Tips

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

I donno I don't find the trends in that list all that is more 2 years back. If I put list together of what coming I am looking at more different kinds of new trends for 2010.

#3 crystalh

crystalh

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

That's interesting to me. I have a few books on retro logo design, seems like some of that would fall into the same category (to an extent). Love to read about it though! I agree with what some of the postings are on the actual site. seems cluttered in quite a few of those and hard to read.

#4 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

I have a few books on retro logo design, seems like some of that would fall into the same category (to an extent).

As they say "What goes around, comes around". :)

I wish a lot of the clients I work with on a day-to-day basis were not so conservative. When we present them with our designs, many of them tend to go for something more traditional and not screaming with so much color as those featured in the 2010 trends. A lot of that has to due with the type of clients the company I work for, cater to though. Mainly agriculture, produce and dairy companies. They tend to be a conservative type of group. :)

#5 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

They just pick the designs they like and present them as trends.

That's my opinion anyway...

Edited by atondex, 15 May 2010 - 11:48 AM.

#6 pliny.Design

pliny.Design

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

I definitely agree with the web design trends. I am noticing sketches, textures, and slab serifs everywhere now.

#7 tanu

tanu

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

Do you agree? A good logo needs to work in color and/or black & white. Many of these would loose their strength if you need to have it represented in black & white, but would work well for those web only companies.

As a bonus, here are the website design trends for 2010: Web Design Trends for 2010 | Tips

Selecting a good logo is pretty easy,its like completing a picture puzzle(on the client part).But to win Logo contest is seriously like gambling to me .You never know someone coming up with more suiting ideas than yours! Creativity isn't everything in Logos.

#8 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

i see some very creative logos in there..but as u said i can't imagine they would work in b/w ..
i really liked the (Dusty) style..one of the best trends for 2010 i think

THANKS for the excellent article :) i've found it very useful

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#9 batastrophe

batastrophe

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

hmm, some of them are neat, but I try to avoid trends... I use some of the popular stuff but I try to switch it up a bit. I like my own quiet path.

#10 funksobravo

funksobravo

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

The trends are only one which keeps on repeating ...

#11 Eagle Hunter

Eagle Hunter

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

They just pick the designs they like and present them as trends.

I think so.
but They are nice anyway.

#12 Kramer

Kramer

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

hmm, some of them are neat, but I try to avoid trends... I use some of the popular stuff but I try to switch it up a bit. I like my own quiet path.

I agree. I try to avoid actually following trends (not always successful, I'm embarrassed to say). That only shows that the designer doesn't have an original approach to a given design solution. I think the obstacle to that might be the clients...who likely desperately want to follow the current trend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.jdkds.com

#13 nickandrew

nickandrew

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

One trend that seems to be prevailing is the transition to more and more abstract logos, like Gatorade had a pretty typical graphic and text logo, then it just became a sleek "G". Just food for thought.

#14 Neo-Graphix

Neo-Graphix

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

Great article. I was always a big fan of the shift logos.

#15 Neo-Graphix

Neo-Graphix

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

I agree. I try to avoid actually following trends (not always successful, I'm embarrassed to say). That only shows that the designer doesn't have an original approach to a given design solution. I think the obstacle to that might be the clients...who likely desperately want to follow the current trend.

I like your first long document layout, with the huge snail.

#16 GBravo1207

GBravo1207

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

Trends always come and go and repeat themselves. Bottmline, a logo needs to be a quick impact. If the logo is for an event that's a different story. Otherwise, look at the Nike logo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2010, logo, logolounge, trend, web design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users