Just finished site

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

I have created a few sites for fun in the past, this is the first one that I have created from start to finish that actually became a ".com"

GetawayorStay
Randi

#2 Kristoffer

Kristoffer

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hi Randi

OK site. I would recommend you to make the active window a bit smaller, so you can have it all with scrolling.

Maybe use a smaller font in more spaces between the frame will make look a bit more exclusive.

BR
Kristoffer

#3 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for the advise, The size of the site is soposed to conform to what best fits your computer screen, but that is something to consider, I havent checked it out on too many different size screens yet.
Randi

#4 melatte

melatte

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Nicely done. Rather than "Rock of Ages" at the top though, perhaps the title of the website should go there..?

Also.. I awkwardly can scroll in each of the text frames even though I don't need to and the top lines disappear.

Anywho, I love the gray/black you picked for the background. I'm a fan of that color. It gives everything a more professional feel to me.

#5 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

Nicely done. Rather than "Rock of Ages" at the top though, perhaps the title of the website should go there..?

Also.. I awkwardly can scroll in each of the text frames even though I don't need to and the top lines disappear.

Anywho, I love the gray/black you picked for the background. I'm a fan of that color. It gives everything a more professional feel to me.

Thanks for the input, I noticed the unnesesary scrolling too. I am working on it now. The client owns the rights to RockofAgesLLC.com too but the GetawayorStay.com title is so catchy. I think it was smart of them to choose it. Im suprised it wasnt already taken. If you found RockofAges.com in a google search for a getaway spot you wouldnt know what it was, ya know?
Randi

#6 ZonE

ZonE

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

I don't really like template based sites like this, free website templates have their limits. I prefer to make it from scratches or customizing a CMS. :)

#7 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

I don't really like template based sites like this, free website templates have their limits. I prefer to make it from scratches or customizing a CMS. :)

All depends on how much the client is willing to pay. The difference could be months of work.
Randi

#8 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

agree with ZonE...
every design needs designer

#9 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

For a "mom and pop" shop these kind of sites work great. I was able to start from a blank page, buy my own pics, use my own domain name,and didnt have to charge tons of money to create it for them. Most clients can make changes themselves and it doesnt have to be a long term commitment for you. As you can see the site here just shows a few pics and a few small paragraphs.

Also with the flash creator I used you can incorporate HTML! I dont know how new this is but it was news to me.

There is a lot of negativity towards these types of sites. I too took HTML construction classes and spents countless hours learning code and I understand that you can do so much more with it but you have to admit in some circumstances flash sites are the way to go.
Randi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users