• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 wig1989

wig1989

Banned

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi all, have been reffered to this thread to post work that i have designed, but not yet completed. This is the first design for the my foam competition, open to elite designers. i know im unable to enter them but just want feedback on my work please.

criticism welcome. lol

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

Sorry but what you are doing now is not how this site works. You can not ask for help with entries plus entries may not be placed in the forum section.

However one thing I have to say about your design lay of the filters inside Illustrator. Never ever use dropdown shadow.

#3 aset

aset

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Yeah I explained this Chung Dha. See this thread http://www.designcon...html#post135232

But the contest is closed so I thought it was alright.

Correct me if i'm wrong. I'm still learning to.

#4 wig1989

wig1989

Banned

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Sorry but what you are doing now is not how this site works. You can not ask for help with entries plus entries may not be placed in the forum section.

However one thing I have to say about your design lay of the filters inside Illustrator. Never ever use dropdown shadow.

Ok, i think people are losing the point, the above is not an entry or was ever planned as an entry, but an example to what i can produce if for instance I was to enter in any of the competitions on this site. All im after is to get feedback on if the design/designs are to the standard to compete on here. Another point, im using GIMP, a sub to photoshop as not got the funds to get professional programs, eg illustrator. hopefully if the deisgns are good enough and say for intance i won, the money would help fund purchase of such programs for the future. i was reffered to this by asat, as he states to post up my design and people will comment.

Regards to the drop shadow.... taken on board.

#5 wig1989

wig1989

Banned

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Yeah I explained this Chung Dha. See this thread http://www.designcon...html#post135232

But the contest is closed so I thought it was alright.

Correct me if i'm wrong. I'm still learning to.

like myself, NEW and LEARNING. I dont have any qualifications in any form of design, and am trying to learn through tutorials and sites like this.

so if im right, if a competition is open, i cannot submit any work, with relation to any thing to do with that competition, even if it means nothing , not ever going to be entered???

#6 VVictoriaaa

VVictoriaaa

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

I would play around with the size of the bubbles, maybe it would be better if they were smaller, because they seem to overpower the text

#7 wig1989

wig1989

Banned

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

I would play around with the size of the bubbles, maybe it would be better if they were smaller, because they seem to overpower the text

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Alot have mentioned the size of the bubbles kind of overpowering the text, though will take comments on board. :)

I was trying to get the illusion that the bubbles were coming from the leaves then over the top of the text and then look like they are coming out of the image. Did the image capture this??

#8 tom beshop

tom beshop

Banned

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

I would reduce the size of the bubbles taking out the shadow and make the font bigger.

#9 yuli_dorf

yuli_dorf

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Your bubbles doesn't look like a foam.

#10 zzzjoana

zzzjoana

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

Never ever use dropdown shadow?!?!?!?!

#11 lhartranft

lhartranft

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

I would definitely make the bubbles smaller and somehow conjoin them to the leaf to make just one image. Normally, I like to have one and only one image along with the text of the logo because more than that can be very distracting and you can lose your customer. For example, in this instance I don't really know where to look. Bubbles or leaf? With that being said, your company name is just lost. You can do it though, just needs some additional work and you are on your way. :)

#12 ashskye

ashskye

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

I agree with much of what has been said...a concept seems to be in there, but there's too much going on. I didn't even see the "Inspired by nature's purity" line underneath right away because of the lightness of the text color. I'm not sure that the bubbles look like they're coming out of the leaf and I'm not sure that the font works well with the rest of the design. But, I think that there's a good logo in there...it just needs to be simplified a bit:)

#13 souless1981

souless1981

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

I agree about to many elements. I think you should use leaf and foam just as a graphic complement and emphasize the text with a thypography with more personality, so you can read an integrated whole at the end. Good luck

#14 masterus

masterus

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

Don't use drop shadow on the leaves and try making them a little less "only gradient". :)

#15 ACEdesign

ACEdesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

Try to keep only three colors. Bubbles or leaves, should be smaller and somehow incorporated together. I certainly disagree with the majority that droped shadow, should not be used.

#16 CDS

CDS

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

i agree that the design needs to be simplified...i would arrange the bubbles in the shape of a SINGLE leave...and the word 'foam' needs a softer font...and loose the drop shadows...

#17 zhio

zhio

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

try to remove some foam, or perhaps it could also combines the leaf with the foam would look rather simple.
more better change font of "myfoam" because it does not look elegant,also change colour of "my" make it same as the leaf, on small text change with black..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users